GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 Terrain SLT2 with Nav. I have an Iphone 4 with 1300 songs on it. I find that searching for a particular track can be excruciatingly slow. In other GM units when you spin the wheel the individual songs turn to the letters of the alphabet and you can scroll from 'A' songs to 'T' songs with relative ease. The Terrain does not appear to have this feature.

It does let you touch the left side and estimate the location of the song and a very condensed gauge, but all of this is very attention intensive while driving.

anyone else have this issue? Am I missing something?

Thanks
Jim

·
Registered
748 Posts
I ahve the standard radio, and mine does allow you after so many turns of the wheel to search by title letter only. Is there some type of fast forward or backward button you can try?

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Jim,

Has your concern been resolved? I would be happy to look into this for you as well with the last eight of your VIN. Feel free to contact me via private message. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Phanton,

there is no fast forward that I can find, we just turn the wheel, on other GM products it changes to the alphabet to search quickly, on this one it just keeps going through all the songs (and takes quite a while for the pages to turn). Any ideas/tips are greatly appreciated.

Jim

·
Registered
289 Posts
maherj2 said:
Phanton,

there is no fast forward that I can find, we just turn the wheel, on other GM products it changes to the alphabet to search quickly, on this one it just keeps going through all the songs (and takes quite a while for the pages to turn). Any ideas/tips are greatly appreciated.

Jim
My 2012 works as you mention. I turn the dial and it switches to the alphabet. I think you might have to turn it pretty fast to "activate" that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jedi,

I turn it quickly, I turn it slowly... no difference, no alpha, only total song title page by page...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts