GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive ordered my terrain, very excited. I chose carbon black with brownstone interior. I hope i didnt make a mistake. How does everyone feel about this combination? I havent seen the brownstone in person, it appears that it has the same red stitching as the black. any info would be greatly appreciated!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
830 Posts
I think that you made a good choice. I have the brownstone interior and yes it have the red stitches and thats a very nice color. I hope youll enjoy your terrain:) congrats on your purchase.

cantwait said:
ive ordered my terrain, very excited. I chose carbon black with brownstone interior. I hope i didnt make a mistake. How does everyone feel about this combination? I havent seen the brownstone in person, it appears that it has the same red stitching as the black. any info would be greatly appreciated!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
306 Posts
I have the Carbon Black with the titanium leather interior. I've never seen any Carbon Black Terrains that didn't have the black or the titanium interior. There was no question for me, just take a look below----

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
297 Posts
cantwait said:
ive ordered my terrain, very excited. I chose carbon black with brownstone interior. I hope i didnt make a mistake. How does everyone feel about this combination? I havent seen the brownstone in person, it appears that it has the same red stitching as the black. any info would be greatly appreciated!
You're going to love the brownstone interior. Trust me. It looks very upscale.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
I've mentioned several times throughout the forum that I wouldn't have chosen either the interior or exterior color had I not seen it in person. Needless to say, I was pleasantly surprised. Prior to seeing the Brownstone I had planned on getting the Carbon Black/Titanium combo as seen a few posts above (which also looks very nice). I love that the brown is darker, especially the seats. The pics posted really don't do it justice, it always appears lighter than it actually is.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
207 Posts
cantwait said:
ive ordered my terrain, very excited. I chose carbon black with brownstone interior. I hope i didnt make a mistake. How does everyone feel about this combination? I havent seen the brownstone in person, it appears that it has the same red stitching as the black. any info would be greatly appreciated!
Same color combo as I am going to order sometime in Dec.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
635 Posts
Brownstone leather interior is a combination of brown and black, so it would look great with a black exterior.
The carpet will be black also.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
93 Posts
cantwait said:
ive ordered my terrain, very excited. I chose carbon black with brownstone interior. I hope i didnt make a mistake. How does everyone feel about this combination? I havent seen the brownstone in person, it appears that it has the same red stitching as the black. any info would be greatly appreciated!
I had the same worries when I first got my Terrain (I have Onyx black and Brownstone leather). I had wanted Onyx with the black leather, but there wasn't any inventory available within Ontario. I kept thinking (worst case) if I hated it, I could order a new dash, replace the seats, etc. In the end, I really like it. It breaks up the interior nicely and doesn't show the dust/finger prints the way an all black interior would. I do wish it came with a black headliner, but none of the models/interiors do.

Don't worry and enjoy it! The flake in the carbon metallic is quite fetching in the sun.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,271 Posts
alaric23 said:
I had the same worries when I first got my Terrain (I have Onyx black and Brownstone leather). I had wanted Onyx with the black leather, but there wasn't any inventory available within Ontario. I kept thinking (worst case) if I hated it, I could order a new dash, replace the seats, etc. In the end, I really like it. It breaks up the interior nicely and doesn't show the dust/finger prints the way an all black interior would. I do wish it came with a black headliner, but none of the models/interiors do.

Don't worry and enjoy it! The flake in the carbon metallic is quite fetching in the sun.
WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD REPLACE A DASH AND SEATS BECAUSE THEY DON'T LIKE THE COLOR OF THE ONE'S INSTALLED???
Me thinks your blowing a little smoke
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
196 Posts
I have the brownstone interior and i LOVE it.
i think its the best color choice by car
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
93 Posts
No hyperbole here.

A client of my father's is in the auto re-upholstery business here in Kitchener. He usually does classic cars, hot rods and the like -- but I had talked to him before I got the Terrain. He said you'd be surprised how often he re-upholsters interiors of late model cars. Now if I were to have to pay "retail" for his services, I would NOT have even considered it as an option.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
321 Posts
cantwait said:
ive ordered my terrain, very excited. I chose carbon black with brownstone interior. I hope i didnt make a mistake. How does everyone feel about this combination? I havent seen the brownstone in person, it appears that it has the same red stitching as the black. any info would be greatly appreciated!
I have the Carbon Black Metallic with Brownstone leather interior. Keep it detailed and mechanically proper and anything is possible. Ride in style.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,828 Posts
Hello, Congrats on the new purchase. I have the brownstone interior with summit white exterior. Though mine may be a little different than yours. I am from Canada and noticed that when we were looking at pictures of the brownstone interior the american ones differed from the canadian ones. I would love to show a picture of it that we recently took during a photoshoot but i cannot seem to upload them as the files are too big.

The brownstone makes it look very rich and classy. And it looks awesome with the red stitching (wasnt sure aout how that was going to look). Trust me you'll like it & if i can get these pics to load i'll let u know.

Cheers..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,153 Posts
innocnt said:
Hello, Congrats on the new purchase. I have the brownstone interior with summit white exterior. Though mine may be a little different than yours. I am from Canada and noticed that when we were looking at pictures of the brownstone interior the american ones differed from the canadian ones. I would love to show a picture of it that we recently took during a photoshoot but i cannot seem to upload them as the files are too big.

The brownstone makes it look very rich and classy. And it looks awesome with the red stitching (wasnt sure aout how that was going to look). Trust me you'll like it & if i can get these pics to load i'll let u know.

Cheers..
I don't see how that is possible since they all come from the same factory. Even if it is possible, then you have to ask the question....why? ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
468 Posts
Check out the interior shots on the CA site and compare them to the US site. They look the same to me
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
306 Posts
I agree, there's no reason GM would go to the extra expense of making 2 different shades of the same interior for different countries. That type of cost would be ridiculous and add to manufacturing as well as inventory costs. ::)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,828 Posts
NoobNox said:
I don't see how that is possible since they all come from the same factory. Even if it is possible, then you have to ask the question....why? ;)
When i was looking at pictures of the interior before i bought that is what i saw. i think the link is: gmtrucks.com
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
635 Posts
Could be the lighting that makes it look different. I've seen photos of brownstone interior that almost look orange in bright light.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top