GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2010 Nox. During our recent very cold spell I noticed that two of the plastic fender rivets (that hold the outer fender to the inner fender wall, right front fender) have broken or popped out. I don't know if there's a slight flex in the fender and cold enough to pop the plastic or what might be causing this. I mentioned it to my dealer during a oil change stop and they put two screws in the inner fender and left the two plastic rivet holes as is. I am really disapointed. Anyone else having or seen this? Thanks. :-[

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have had one "pop" too...rear wheel well. on passenger side....also my mud flap, same wheel well, installed by the dealer, has had its 2 plastic screws pop out....luckily I was able to recover the mudflap after it dropped off.......I'll fix it myself and use metal self tapping screws........when it warms up..........guess GM Plastic does not like Minus 20 and 30 degree temperatures that we have had here in N. Ontario over the past few weeks,...........also noticed that both front door lower seals have splits in them..that might be ice build up when driving on our snow and ice covered roads,............will have to get them replaced asap as well.........
:-(

·
Registered
481 Posts
Mrmidnite2 said:
I have had one "pop" too...rear wheel well. on passenger side....also my mud flap, same wheel well, installed by the dealer, has had its 2 plastic screws pop out....luckily I was able to recover the mudflap after it dropped off.......I'll fix it myself and use metal self tapping screws........when it warms up..........guess GM Plastic does not like Minus 20 and 30 degree temperatures that we have had here in N. Ontario over the past few weeks,...........also noticed that both front door lower seals have splits in them..that might be ice build up when driving on our snow and ice covered roads,............will have to get them replaced asap as well.........
:-(
I just installed my GM mudguards. The dealer was supposed to remove those plastic push pins, install metal clips over the holes behind the liner and then use metal self tapping screws. Mine are rock solid. BTW all of the screws and clips are included with the mud guards.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Black Granite LTZ said:
I just installed my GM mudguards. The dealer was supposed to remove those plastic push pins, install metal clips over the holes behind the liner and then use metal self tapping screws. Mine are rock solid. BTW all of the screws and clips are included with the mud guards.
Absolutely NO metal anywhere on my 4 mudflap installation...just those dime size plastic push in "rivets"....guess I got ripped...I'll be back to the dealer for metal screws.....thanks for the "heads up" Black Granite..........
;)

·
Registered
332 Posts
Our 2010 has been through the heat of last summer which at times was +34°C (94°F) and now has gone through the most of winter which has dipped down to -45°C (-50°F) and no effect on any of the body, anywhere.

It has however had an effect on me! :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts