GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

YES OR NO

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I HAVE DONE ALL MY BADGES AND SELECT CHROME PIECES ON THE BACK WITH PLASTI DIP. I AM SHOCKED AT HOW EASY THIS IS TO DO. I CANT WAIT TO TRY TO DO MY RIMS IN THE SUMMERTIME. HAS ANYONE ELCE PLAYED AROUND WITH THIS STUFF? I HAVE POWER WASHED IT, HAND WASHED IT AND IT STILL LOOKS AS GOOD AS THE FIRST DAY? WHY DOSNT EVERYONE DO THIS IF YOU WANT BLACK ACCENTS ON YOUR CAR???? VYNAL SEEMS LIKE IT WOULD BE HARD TO WORK WITH. ANY THOUGHTS?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
361 Posts
search my posts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
i did my Torrent wheels...i really liked the look



Will probably try on my Terrain come spring...in the mean while I photoshopped my Torrent wheels on it..i like it. Also color matched the bottom trim...looks cool IMO

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
673 Posts
color matched bottom pieces make the car look so much better...

what idiot thought of leaving them greyish....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,528 Posts
NODES said:
color matched bottom pieces make the car look so much better...

what idiot thought of leaving them greyish....
...an ex-Pontiac designer that was out of a job, but had seniority over a Chevy/GMC designer.

I agree, looks much better.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
361 Posts
when i get back to socal i am going to do my lowers. that light black/grey really bugs me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,528 Posts
AMG Eric said:
when i get back to socal i am going to do my lowers. that light black/grey really bugs me.
Do they make PlastiDip in Cardinal Red Metallic ? LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
361 Posts
RIT333 said:
Do they make PlastiDip in Cardinal Red Metallic ? LOL
dipping your car.com or something like that offers paint matched plasti-dip if i recall. they also offer a gloss version.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,271 Posts
surfchansen said:
Just Plasti dipped my wheels. I sprayed from too far away and got a textured look. But since it comes off Im just going to redo them when i get the time.
JMO...... Looks like sh*t JMO to each their own
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
673 Posts
Its a simple mod that can be returned to factory any time he wants.

It looks good and saves you cash from buying aftermarket wheels.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,271 Posts
NODES said:
Its a simple mod that can be returned to factory any time he wants.

It looks good and saves you cash from buying aftermarket wheels.
Ya, we all know this but in my opinion it still looks like sh*t Duh this plasti-dip stuff has been discussed for many posts...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
673 Posts
fourmoremarine said:
Ya, we all know this but in my opinion it still looks like sh*t Duh this plasti-dip stuff has been discussed for many posts...

have you seen something done with plasti dip in person?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
977 Posts
Could have said it in a better way than cursing. I don't care for the black look but each person has their own likes and dislikes
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,271 Posts
RNOX said:
Could have said it in a better way than cursing. I don't care for the black look but each person has their own likes and dislikes
IMO when something looks like poop I say it looks like poop Better?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
361 Posts
fourmoremarine said:
Ya, we all know this but in my opinion it still looks like sh*t Duh this plasti-dip stuff has been discussed for many posts...
but you enjoy the look of that gawdy and overly done chrome. did you get your tires chromed yet? :thumb: ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,271 Posts
AMG Eric said:
but you enjoy the look of that gawdy and overly done chrome. did you get your tires chromed yet? :thumb: ;D
Working on it.. but see it doesn't "bother" me that you may or may not like chrome and you can express your like of plasti-dip and I will continue to express my dislike for it but your paying for your vehicle and it's mods and I'm paying for mine so we can agree to disagree.
wonder why the manufactures have chrome as an option but you don't see plasti-dipped wheels as an option???

Wait,, just found the order code for plasti-dip option
GM-UGLY Dealer and or purchaser installed includes 2 spray 7 dollar cans of plasti-dip to be applied anywhere purchaser requires $55.00
 
1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Top