GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 GMC Terrain SLE-2 that has a 4cyl. According to the gmc website it come standard with an 8 speaker Pioneer setup with a subwoofer. The thing is I get no sound from it even if I put it loud. I keep hearing something about ANC. Should my setup be for ANC or should it actually be providing bass?

·
Registered
157 Posts
The ordering information is confusing. The SLE-2 does indeed come with the Pioneer system with the subwoofer as standard. Had the same conversation with my dealer salesperson while he was putting the order into the system - it was not clear the difference with the SLE-2 because the radios are the same across all models - it is the speakers that are different. Where you have to look is the standard equipment. The SLE-1 comes with 6 speaker system. The SLE-2, SLT-1 and SLT-2 come with the 8 speaker system (Pioneer premium speaker system which includes subwoofer and amplifier).

Easy way to tell if your vehicle has it - look at the speakers in the front doors - it will say "Pioneer" on them.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
sgoody43 said:
I have a 2011 GMC Terrain SLE-2 that has a 4cyl. According to the gmc website it come standard with an 8 speaker Pioneer setup with a subwoofer. The thing is I get no sound from it even if I put it loud. I keep hearing something about ANC. Should my setup be for ANC or should it actually be providing bass?
I would be happy to look into this for your specific vehicle. In order to do some further research, I will need the VIN for the vehicle. Please feel free to contact me by private message as well. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so gmiemigrad, you basically have the same setup as me, you do have a sub that works for music, right? And also my doors do have the pioneer logo on them.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Re: Re: Pioneer Setup not workin?

Yes, the sub works- although it is not really loud if you listen, you have to feel it since it puts out sound at the low end of the audio spectrum. Play something with good bass and feel the sub- that will tell you if it is electrically working.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alright thanks for your help. I've came to the conclusion that my setup is not working. So I'll be taking it in

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for everyone's help took my car to the dealership today. I'm glad I asked on this forum cause the first thing the technician said was that on 4cyl models the sub is only used for the ANC. I questioned that and he further looked it up using my vin and sure enough it should be working . I left it so they could check it and it turns out that the plug was off or loose, but when they plugged it in , problem solved. Now I know it's not going to win any bass competions but it does sound better then when it was off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts