GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a music lover. Actually, I am music teacher. So music is a must in my new 2012 Nox that I am going to buy VERY soon!!

I told my dealer today that the upgraded Pioneer speakers are a must. They sound great! BUT, he said "Joey, go listen to the stock speakers....I think you will be surprised". I was!

What do you guys think? Big difference? etc.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Is the sub still in the non-Pioneer models?

·
Registered
241 Posts
The sub is not active in the stock system. If you have the 4cyl engine, it is used for the ANC system but not for music. If you can afford the upgrade, get it. It is worth it.

·
Registered
673 Posts
wkeatonjr said:
The sub is not active in the stock system. If you have the 4cyl engine, it is used for the ANC system but not for music. If you can afford the upgrade, get it. It is worth it.

That is false information.

I would get the upgraded stereo it really is quite good.

·
Registered
249 Posts
+1

The sub works fine for music in my 11 Nox. it's got a good "kick" to it. Obviously not as great as my previous car that I had outfitted with 2x12", still I'm very happy with the upgraded Pioneer system

·
Registered
673 Posts
CFRTim said:
+1

The sub works fine for music in my 11 Nox. it's got a good "kick" to it. Obviously not as great as my previous car that I had outfitted with 2x12", still I'm very happy with the upgraded Pioneer system
:cheers:

·
Registered
749 Posts
NODES said:
That is false information.

I would get the upgraded stereo it really is quite good.
How is that false information? Says it in the manual and on the Pioneer website that the sub isn't active for music in the base system.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Vehicles equipped with the base-level audio system (RPO UW6) and ANC (RPO VQN) will have a subwoofer in the rear compartment. The subwoofer is necessary for ANC operation and is used only for ANC on vehicles equipped with the base-level audio system. With UW6, no CD or radio audio output will come out of the subwoofer (strictly dedicated for ANC).

·
Registered
361 Posts
if you have a refined ear and you are a music teacher i doubt that a pioneer system will be what you need however its a good start.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I agree with Eric..

But, if you dont have plans on putting in an aftermarket system, Go with the upgrade...worth it...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts