GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 2010 terrain pings when I run 87 octane.....i have been running 89 and the pinging stopped....has there been any new computer flash updates to fix this problem thx

·
Registered
935 Posts
snarkee said:
my 2010 terrain pings when I run 87 octane.....i have been running 89 and the pinging stopped....has there been any new computer flash updates to fix this problem thx
Bringing back a dead thread.

Just noticed this today after a nice highway run.

Don't really want to start using higher octane fuel, but the pinging is annoying considering its only got 1600 kms

Thanks
- Eric

·
Registered
185 Posts
Welcome to the club!!!! I drive 50km each way every day to work. 40 of that is on the highway. In the morning it is city to highway. Work is just off the highway so do not hear anything. On the way home though different story. 40 km highway terminates in a 10 km city jaunt to the house. very light throttle and it pings. it would appear temperature/humidity seems to have an effect on the severity. I have tried 89. It quiets it down but not 100%. Hot humid summer driving seems to be worst. It only does it once normal operating temperature has been reached.

I actually drove up mount Washington this summer in August with my 2010 I4 Nox. Want to hear pinging!!!!!..and i was running 89 my while time. Apart from that the engine runs great and does not dink a drop of oil. last oil change I did 8000km with a little less than 1/2 liter consumption. Not bad ;D

I too would like to know because I am in no mood to bring it in to the dealer, waste time, to be told "all is well, sir!"

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Please contact me privately with the last eight of your VIN. I will then be able to do some research on my end regarding your concern. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts