GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So... I put the terrain on the lift just for fun and my wife's camera was inside so why not.... Some interesting pictures.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Cool pics, thanks for posting them up.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Nice pictures.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Cool, thanks for taking the time to do this!

·
Registered
10,529 Posts
I-4 ?

Looks VERY heavy-duty. Nice pictures.

·
Registered
698 Posts
No, this is definitely a V6. Exhaust and tires give it away.

These photos make me miss my rear driveline quite a bit. I remember the first time I looked underneath my AWD. My Terrain was my first ever vehicle with 4 wheel independent suspension and I was impressed by the rear diff assembly and the CV half shafts. Total opposite from the front and rear solid axled-Jeeps I'd driven for many, many years.

·
Registered
10,529 Posts
Terrain said:
No, this is definitely a V6. Exhaust and tires give it away.
OK, give me a clue - how can you tell that it's a V6 from those tires ? (Are they 19s, or is it the brand ?

I can see the two pipes coming off the manifolds, now. I guess the 2 exhaust pipes don't split until at the rear, huh.

·
Registered
698 Posts
RIT333 said:
OK, give me a clue - how can you tell that it's a V6 from those tires ? (Are they 19s, or is it the brand ?

I can see the two pipes coming off the manifolds, now. I guess the 2 exhaust pipes don't split until at the rear, huh.
In one photo you can see OP on a tire... Optimo, the Hankook tires that came on the 19" rims, only available on the V6.

Yes, one pipe, resonator to the back where it splits AFTER the rear muffler... and it does it in a WAAAY too obvious fashion at the back. My biggest pet peeve is the rear exhaust on the V6s... it's hideous - much too visible! I guess it's due to the spare tire taking up too much space. I'd much rather this than a rear-mounted space... I'd NEVER buy a vehicle with a spare tire mounted to the back.

G

·
Terrain said:
In one photo you can see OP on a tire... Optimo, the Hankook tires that came on the 19" rims, only available on the V6.
Optimo comes on the 18" series as well....My nox came from the factory with them on 18" setup, I switched out immediately with BS Dueler's though, I get a free exchange program on new cars being a bridgestone corporate rep

·
Registered
698 Posts
2010BlkGraniteNox said:
Optimo comes on the 18" series as well
Really? I was under the impression that ALL 18s got the Michelins. There used to be a tire poll on here... although it may have been wiped out when Snowitch became disgruntled.

Anyone else get 18" Hankook Optimos?? Not that I don't believe you 2010BGN.

G

·
Terrain said:
Really? I was under the impression that ALL 18s got the Michelins. There used to be a tire poll on here... although it may have been wiped out when Snowitch became disgruntled.

Anyone else get 18" Hankook Optimos?? Not that I don't believe you 2010BGN.
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSearchResults.jsp?tireIndex=0&autoMake=Chevrolet&autoYear=2010&autoModel=Equinox&autoModClar=LT&width=235/&ratio=55&diameter=18&sortCode=53901&skipOver=true&minSpeedRating=S&minLoadRating=S&tab=OE&filterType=oe

I think more Hankook than MI actually was the result of that poll if you can find it.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Can't find the old poll, but this really, really surprises me. I would like to hear from someone else who has the aluminum 18"ers and the Hankooks.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi.
It is a SLT2 V6 with 19" Crome factory wheels&tires. They're hankook IIRC.

Some pictures are kind of the same, I just aimed to a different spot hoping to get better flash light.

I'm glad you liked them..

What impressed me to most is the exhaust pipe diameter is massive! Then the wheel drive shafts are as thick as a pickup and the main shaft is huge! Man this thing is build heavy duty.

The manifolds are front and back of the engine (transversal V6) and the pipes from the manifolds joins right next to the transfer case..

Aerodynamically I'm not impressed but I guess GM focused on areas that really matter for the average driver and driving conditions for a vehicle like this.. I can only suppose if this had been covered with trays and proper air management it would be quieter and possibly more efficient. Anyway amazing car, even from below! ;)

·
Registered
830 Posts
Thanks for the pictures, we have about the same Terrain (SLT2 V6 AWD) except that i took out these "tires" lol

On the second picture, maybe i'll look stupid, but what is that box that seems to hold only by one nut... ??

Thanks to everybody that will light up my lantern :)

oracle said:
Hi.
It is a SLT2 V6 with 19" Crome factory wheels&tires. They're hankook IIRC.

Some pictures are kind of the same, I just aimed to a different spot hoping to get better flash light.

I'm glad you liked them..

What impressed me to most is the exhaust pipe diameter is massive! Then the wheel drive shafts are as thick as a pickup and the main shaft is huge! Man this thing is build heavy duty.

The manifolds are front and back of the engine (transversal V6) and the pipes from the manifolds joins right next to the transfer case..

Aerodynamically I'm not impressed but I guess GM focused on areas that really matter for the average driver and driving conditions for a vehicle like this.. I can only suppose if this had been covered with trays and proper air management it would be quieter and possibly more efficient. Anyway amazing car, even from below! ;)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That is probably the fuel expansion tank.
Looks closely, it has 2 screws/bolts on each side. then the front/rear seems to be just one.

·
Registered
10,529 Posts
Is it the Fuel Evap Canister ? (not sure if that is the same as the "fuel expansion tank" that you refer to)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Im trying to figure that out for sure right now because im having issues with my nox and box is broke on 2 sides from a truck tire and me not seeing it . the vehicle didnt like it underneath her at 70mph either. it took a year for me to realize i broke something under there tho. a couple people said its a canister and im about to find out. nice pictures.

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
appears your vehicle was rust proofed?

all the black stuff sprayed underneath.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Terrain said:
Can't find the old poll, but this really, really surprises me. I would like to hear from someone else who has the aluminum 18"ers and the Hankooks.
My Equinox came with Hankooks on the 18" rims.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts