GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I get to my story, just a heads up for anyone with a Terrain/NOX on order (not yet built). My salesman told me the machine at the Ontario plant that installs the center consoles is broken. GM (according to him) said production will stop for a couple weeks. Those of you waiting on either to be built, I'd suggest calling your dealer to confirm this.

My Terrain was the dealer's only delivery this week, it was the only one on the truck, at least for that dealership.

The Good: The vehicle is great, I had a 2004 Nissan Titan, this is a huge step up in every category.

The Bad: When I ordered my vehicle I was eligible for $1500 in incentives. Wave the 60 day thing $500, and Conquest was $1000. The 60 day thing went bye bye last year, and Conquest was knocked down to $500 at some point.

The Ugly: Since I sold my Titan on e-bay instead of trading it in, I'm not even eligible for the above $500. Why? Because you have to be the owner of the eligible vehicle at time of delivery of new vehicle. Which really does make sense, but I called GM customer service just to be sure, and they confirmed this. My other vehicle, 1991 300ZX Twin Turbo, wasn't eligible, because it was too old. Not really so bad, I sold the Titan for $2500 more than what the dealer was going to give me on trade.

Oh, and I asked the salesman about the Washer fluid thing....he said he never heard of it.

KJ

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
SnowItch said:
He never heard of the sensor, or he never heard of the sensor not coming on?
Sorry. He has not heard of the problem, but in fairness, his dealership only sell the Terrain (and there aren't many of those out there), he said he hasn't even sat in a NOX.

KJ

·
Registered
63 Posts
noncon said:
My salesman told me the machine at the Ontario plant that installs the center consoles is broken. GM (according to him) said production will stop for a couple weeks.

I wouldn't trust your salesman very much. I toured that plant a few years ago and I'm sure that there were a couple seperate lines of vehicles moving in that plant which would mean that they would only have to shut down one line if that was the case. I was a technician at a GM dealer for 16 years. I heard lots of stories that the salesmen told the customers just to make them happy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts