GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have Terrain SLT 2 2012 without phone setting and Bluetooth
there is any way that i can install the phone setting for my car.

Thanks

·
Registered
218 Posts
You have an SLT2 without bluetooth?
Not so sure what you mean by "phone setting"

·
Registered
1 Posts
install the phone setting for my car.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Are you referring to "pairing" your phone?

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Elias said:
i have Terrain SLT 2 2012 without phone setting and Bluetooth
there is any way that i can install the phone setting for my car.

Thanks
Are you referring to adding Bluetooth? I would recommend contacting your local dealer for more information. Contact me if you have any additional questions. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have gmc terrain sle1 , i did the pair and working fine when i say the number, but i want to diala number by saying the contact name instead of the number how i do this. ?
Many thanks

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
siamand,

What year is your vehicle? I would be happy to help. Feel free to contact me privately with the last eight of your VIN for more assistance. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Is there a way to dial by saying the name instead of the number???.....I can't always remember the number..........Charles

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
CDS said:
Is there a way to dial by saying the name instead of the number???.....I can't always remember the number..........Charles
Yep - you can store the numbers associated with different names. Then you just have to say, "Call Dan", and it will dial Dan's number.

·
Registered
210 Posts
When i first paired up my wife's phone, the Bluetooth gave me the option to load all of her contacts to the system. Hers works just fine dialing by voice, but i skipped it in my phone and i have to say the number. I need to delete my phone and re pair it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a problem using voice recognition on my '13 Terrain SLE1 too. I had a Motorola RAZR that didn't work when I bought my vehicle, but knew I was getting an S4. Still have same problem. I can dial by dictating a phone number, or using the phone book function (using the touch screen or knob), but if I want to dictate a name, the system always pulls up some random number that isn't a phone number. Example, Call Mom. OK, calling 049. Supposedly, this is a known issue with GM. I hope they fix it soon. I can live without it, but it is a convenient feature that has always worked on my other cars.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
bkilpattn,

I am sorry you are unable to speak names into your voice recognition. Have you contacted our infotainment team so they can trouble shoot this issue? They can be reached at 855-478-7767, seven days a week 8a-10p EST. If you would like I can call for you. Just private message me your name, VIN, and phone number.

Erica Tiffany
GMC Customer Care

1 - 13 of 13 Posts