GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(1) Used GM Top Engine Cleaner "Liquid" With Pressurized Sprayer Per Instructions **** "No" Smoke During (or) After Use****Then Drove Vehicle 20-30 Miles (Very Aggressively) No MIL/Codes
(2) Used Seafoam "Spray" Top Engine Cleaner & Lube "Next Day" Per Instructions Lotta Smoke Then Drove Vehicle 20-30 Miles (Very Aggressively) No MIL/Codes.
(3) Used GM Top Engine "Spray" "Next Day" Per Instructions Lotta Smoke Did Not Highway Drive. Instructions Say, Let Idle 10 Min.
****Have Drove Vehicle (4) Times & Get MIL Light & Code P0430 Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 2)

Did I Put "Too" Much Cleaner in Between Drives? Probably So, ****Do I Need to Run a Catalytic Converter Cleaner Thru Fuel Tank (Or) Do I Need to Remove Cats & Clean Manually. (If So, What is the Best Process)
Liquid Paint Fluid Bottle Personal care

·
Registered
743 Posts
Drive the car at highway speed for a few hours to let all that gunk clear out of the exhaust... Reset the code after if you want but after a few drive cycles it should clear on its own. Monitor the downstream 02 sensor voltage throughout that process make sure it drops to around that .45 voltage... If it's too high for 1 drive cycle that code pops up and doesn't go away until about 5 complete drive cycles.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Drive the car at highway speed for a few hours to let all that gunk clear out of the exhaust... Reset the code after if you want but after a few drive cycles it should clear on its own. Monitor the downstream 02 sensor voltage throughout that process make sure it drops to around that .45 voltage... If it's too high for 1 drive cycle that code pops up and doesn't go away until about 5 complete drive cycles.
Right On! Thank You Sir!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Just curious, why did you feel the need to do three cleanings back to back to back ? What is the trigger to stop adding cleaners ?

·
Registered
5,185 Posts
Curious to see what happens.
Ive Run CRC DI cleaner in the Traverse and Equinox.
Ive also run CATACLEAN in the Traverse.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts