GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I'm going to use Penzoil Platinum full synthetic oil in our Terrain and I just received an advertisement for $3.99/quart for 5W-30. I'm new to Penzoil and I was wondering if you think this is a very good price or just average. Thanks.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yellolab said:
Same price as Walmart IF you buy it in the 5 gallon jugs- $20 for 5 gallon jug.

Kevin
Thanks Kevin, that's great to know. Now I don't have to run out and buy oil right away.

Dave

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Thats a pretty good price. Some WalMarts dont carry all viscosity types of PP. Just a head up.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
catbert said:
O'Reilly has it on sale for $4.00 a quart too.
That's where I saw the ad. The sale goes to Sept 28 on all weights of Penzoil Platinum.

I'll have to double check my local Walmart to be sure they sell the 5W-30 weight in the 5 quart size.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DavidPJ said:
That's where I saw the ad. The sale goes to Sept 28 on all weights of Penzoil Platinum.

I'll have to double check my local Walmart to be sure they sell the 5W-30 weight in the 5 quart size.
My local Walmart has it for $20.50 which is the normal price. Mobil 1 is on sale for about the same price.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I went to O'Rielly's 4 weeks ago and paid $35.00 for 5 gal w $10.00 rebate. My rebate check just came yesterday.

Three weeks ago I went to Wally's to change oil in the other car and was $22.... something if I remember. I am replacing my Mobil 1 oil with the platinum in both vehicles. Not sure why, just doing it even though have used Mobil 1 since 1974.

Nice too, that I found a local garage that changes the oil for only $10.00 labor. Due to this, he got my business to change out the spark plugs in my 06 Stang. Then took the Terrain back in to have him spray the rear beer keg muffler black and charged $10.00 labor for that.

I don't imagine there is much difference in PP oil than Mobil 1 or any other full synthetic other than pricing these days.
Others said they use PP on other oil change threads and figured would give it a try and was cheaper than Mobil 1.

·
Registered
10,508 Posts
teetertotter said:
I went to O'Rielly's 4 weeks ago and paid $35.00 for 5 gal w $10.00 rebate. My rebate check just came yesterday.
Wow - wish we had O'Reilly's - that is less than $2/qt. :cheers:

·
Registered
165 Posts
RIT333 said:
Wow - wish we had O'Reilly's - that is less than $2/qt. :cheers:
I think you forgot to drink your coffee this morning ;D

25/5=$5/qt :thumb:

And like he said WallyMart is still cheaper. Its $22.47 for PP.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Advance Auto Parts had it for $29.99 including a K&N filter plus a $10 rebate so the final cost was about $22 with filter and tax. Too bad it was a limit of two changes. :(

I try to jump on their specials. Last one was Mobile One for about the same price.

·
Registered
715 Posts
5W-30 is the most popular weight currently. Everybody that has oil has that weight.

My brother had trouble finding 5W-20 on sale for a time over the last two years (he's a Dodge boy).

Menard's often had the QS oil he favored on sale but it was 5/30,10/30 only. He complained several times and now they seem to have ALL weights on sale.

Ford and Chrysler both call for 5W-20(blends) and seem to be doing fine with that thin of an oil. I thought GM would go that way as well but they haven't.

·
Registered
10,508 Posts
FortNox said:
I think you forgot to drink your coffee this morning ;D

25/5=$5/qt :thumb:

And like he said WallyMart is still cheaper. Its $22.47 for PP.
Maybe I did not have my coffee, but AFAIK there are 4 qts/gallon, and he paid $25 for 5 gallons, not quarts !

Maybe I am wrong, but I think you are !

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
teetertotter said:
I don't imagine there is much difference in PP oil than Mobil 1 or any other full synthetic other than pricing these days.
Others said they use PP on other oil change threads and figured would give it a try and was cheaper than Mobil 1.
The difference I like in PP vs Mobil 1.

UOA show PP performs better in the GM DI's.

Can you create a post--- and show your exhaust beer keg.

I was just thinking this AM--- that im going to paint mine.
Ill prob go with flat-- vs glossy///

·
Registered
850 Posts
rbarrios, this thread has the picture of painted muffler.
http://www.terrainforum.net/index.php?topic=4362.0

Mine looks the same using flat black I bought at local auto store. Can price for Hi Temp was $2.29. I took it to a local repair shop and charged me $10.00 labor for him to paint. There was a little left over in the can. After 6 weeks time,
underside still looks good after some auto car washes.

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
thanks for the link.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts