GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

passenger front seat

13K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  RIT333 
#1 ·
has anyone noticed the height of the front passenger seat, has anyone considered a mod to lower this seat so it is not so difficult to get into the car on the passenger side LOL im not that tall

#2 ·
my g/f is only 5'0...she doesnt have any issues gettin in or out of any suv.....

there really arent any mods to do, unless your going to get a custom seat bracket fab'd up... (hundreds+)...you could always get running boards....

#3 ·
gar187er said:
my g/f is only 5'0...she doesnt have any issues gettin in or out of any suv.....

there really arent any mods to do, unless your going to get a custom seat bracket fab'd up... (hundreds+)...you could always get running boards....
Or a running start.... ;D

#6 ·
I noticed this too when I was riding the other day while the wife was driving. I'm 6'3 and I have sunroof too and my head almost hits the liner if I don't recline further down.

#8 ·
bballr4567 said:
Im 6'6 and I dont have a problem with the seat height and I spend time in a sunroof equipped car as well. Interesting.
Wierd, because I am 7' 6" and my head does not hit the sunroof either. But, I have to keep it open, and I just look out of it.

Yao Ming - LOL

#10 ·
mrelmo said:
wronggggggg, seat is too high soooo you hit your head getting in, would it be possible to put a driver side seat in, that has the electric adjustments hmmmmm
I thought about that as well, but beyond the issue of wiring it up for power....the seat controls would be jammed up against the center console. It's really a shame that GM didn't offer even the simple electric adjustments for the passenger seat..not even as an option.

#11 ·
NoobNox said:
It's really a shame that GM didn't offer even the simple electric adjustments for the passenger seat..not even as an option.
I agree, that's always been a disappointment for me, what are they thinking, the passenger doesn't have to be as comfortable or as integrated to the vehicle as the driver? lol

Interesting though, I'm going to have my other half take a closer look at this, other than the seat belt anchor point and rail offset position, one might be able to install the drivers rail kit (which includes the three motors) under the pass. seat and run the 8 way switch on the RH side of the pass. seat with a little ingenuity. Have to use the OEM pass. seat though for the airbag and what not.
Running power there is not a problem, just won't have the memory seat/mirror and easy exit features enabled as these features are integrated to the BCM.[/color]

#12 ·
Wow, you guys have an endless sum of desire, ingenuity, and money. I drive 95% of the time, so not that important to me. However, if I were the passenger, I would probably be doing it tonight. LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.