GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Terrain SLT 1 with all kinds of add-ons and one was the back-up camera with the touch screen. I have Pandora radio on my Android smart phone and am ready to use the phone for my tunes as of Feb. 15. I already use my phone thru blue tooth. I bought the Terrain Nov. 1. My three month trail for sat. radio is up Feb. 1. Am I going to be able to drop sat. radio and use my Pandora?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm confused. Are you saying that as of Feb. 15 Pandora will be available on the "infotainment" system? Because I have Pandora on my phone and I'm guessing I would be able to stream it via bluetooth right now (although I haven't tried yet). I'd love to have Pandora as a source on my touchscreen!

·
Registered
241 Posts
curtm220 said:
I'm confused. Are you saying that as of Feb. 15 Pandora will be available on the "infotainment" system? Because I have Pandora on my phone and I'm guessing I would be able to stream it via bluetooth right now (although I haven't tried yet). I'd love to have Pandora as a source on my touchscreen!

Pandora will only show up on the touch screen with the intellilink radios that come out as an option this spring on SLT-2 models.

·
Registered
43 Posts
wkeatonjr said:
Pandora will only show up on the touch screen with the intellilink radios that come out as an option this spring on SLT-2 models.
Hmmm, I have a 2012 SLT-2, but I'm guessing I'm outta luck on that deal. I'm guessing mine is the standard touch screen, don't remember seeing anything about Intelilink...

·
Registered
289 Posts
curtm220 said:
Hmmm, I have a 2012 SLT-2, but I'm guessing I'm outta luck on that deal. I'm guessing mine is the standard touch screen, don't remember seeing anything about Intelilink...
It only became available for vehicles ordered after I believe Jan 2 this year. So it will arrive on dealers lots around mid February. Word is, it's a complete new radio, so no possibility of an upgrade as it has some additional hardware that the current ones do not.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
yes, whole different radio...which will have Pandora on it (Intellilink)....If you have the colortouch 2012 radio now, you dont have a Pandora icon on your radio..you wont get one anytime soon...

·
Registered
249 Posts
That's ok, I can stream Pandora from my smartphone via USB on my 2011 Nox. Actually, I like and recommend TuneIn Radio

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I checked with the GMC dealer today and was told they are just ordering the 2012 Terrains with the new radio, ( which is a extra $ 100.00 ) and the Terrain I bought in Nov. does not have the right radio in it. I tried to hook up my smartphone with the USB cable, does not work. I bought a male to male jack and Pandora works. I tried to charge the phone with the 12V adapter and that worked but when I tried to charge the phone using the mirco usb to usb port in the consol it would not work. I thank the forum for all of the info I received, :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Pandora radio Feb. 15...does me no good..(I have a 2012 colortouch radio)..

I am curious to see how well it works..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Wandering around GM's TIS website, I was able to find this for the standard color touch radio -

Part Number CVN Bulletin # Description
22872049 0000993A - New calibrations to enable Pandora and Stitcher in North America.

·
Registered
241 Posts
par20pinspot said:
Wandering around GM's TIS website, I was able to find this for the standard color touch radio -

22872049 0000993A - New calibrations to enable Pandora and Stitcher in North America.
:eek:

·
Registered
153 Posts
par20pinspot said:

Can you copy the contents of it? Bulletin isn't showing up for me.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I see it under the 'language' portion of the color touch radio portion on my vin....not really sure what it means though...

Controller: RAD Radio - Programming
Audio System: (RPO UFU) "Color" Radio
Hardware: 22842177

then under 'language'

it says at the top:

Please select the Graphics Software part number from the list below. This can be read from the radio with GDS Diagnostics as "Calibration Part Number 2" under (Module Diagnostics / Radio / Identification Information).

Hardware: Please select ...

not sure which one to select..but each one, under 'language' has the item about Pandora and Stitcher..

·
Registered
43 Posts
wrusprod said:
I see it under the 'language' portion of the color touch radio portion on my vin....not really sure what it means though...

Controller: RAD Radio - Programming
Audio System: (RPO UFU) "Color" Radio
Hardware: 22842177

then under 'language'

it says at the top:

Please select the Graphics Software part number from the list below. This can be read from the radio with GDS Diagnostics as "Calibration Part Number 2" under (Module Diagnostics / Radio / Identification Information).

Hardware: Please select ...

not sure which one to select..but each one, under 'language' has the item about Pandora and Stitcher..
I also see the mention of Pandora, but under each version of the radio it only mentions Pandora in conjunction with the volt:

22848413 00005A8F - For Chevy Volt in U.S. *only*.
16003626 N/A - Language

At least thats how it reads for my VIN.

·
Registered
153 Posts
curtm220 said:
I also see the mention of Pandora, but under each version of the radio it only mentions Pandora in conjunction with the volt:

22848413 00005A8F - For Chevy Volt in U.S. *only*.
16003626 N/A - Language

At least thats how it reads for my VIN.
Just to verify, what site are you using for this info?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mine reads the same with that Volt information, but it holds some promise that it's listed under that radio. The one thing I saw was the current configurations are for Nox/Terrain w/o RPO UP9 which is the 'Intellilink' radio, but who knows

1 - 20 of 32 Posts