GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today I finally had time to replace a few things on the 2010 V6 Equinox. I had purchased 4 cam sensors, crank sensor, and 1 VVT Solenoid. All GM/AC Delco parts from Rock Auto.

Removed the decorative cover and air box. Bank 1. Did the first sensor, on the 2nd I snapped the tab off of the plug. Changed it out and plugged it in but no CLICK. I'll have to see how well it stays on. I should have zip tied it but I didn't. Wait and see i guess. I was going to do Bank 2 sensors as well but I think I might have to remove the motor mounts so I'll wait to do that.

Then I replaced the lower VVT solenoid. All pretty easy to do. Started it up and the fans came on. Ugh. Shut it off, turned it back on..again fans came on. HVAC was off. I go get my generic HoboFrieght scanner. Just a generic what's the code kind of scanner. Plug it in, turn on the car, no fans this time. Check Engine light on the dash but no codes in the scanner. Did it three times, same result. Also, this 3rd time I turned the car on, it did run noticeably smoother. I didn't drive it as it needed a wash. So tomorrow when I'm out and about I'll report back. Hopefully that fixed the issue.

·
Registered
270 Posts
So today I finally had time to replace a few things on the 2010 V6 Equinox. I had purchased 4 cam sensors, crank sensor, and 1 VVT Solenoid. All GM/AC Delco parts from Rock Auto.

Removed the decorative cover and air box. Bank 1. Did the first sensor, on the 2nd I snapped the tab off of the plug. Changed it out and plugged it in but no CLICK. I'll have to see how well it stays on. I should have zip tied it but I didn't. Wait and see i guess. I was going to do Bank 2 sensors as well but I think I might have to remove the motor mounts so I'll wait to do that.

Then I replaced the lower VVT solenoid. All pretty easy to do. Started it up and the fans came on. Ugh. Shut it off, turned it back on..again fans came on. HVAC was off. I go get my generic HoboFrieght scanner. Just a generic what's the code kind of scanner. Plug it in, turn on the car, no fans this time. Check Engine light on the dash but no codes in the scanner. Did it three times, same result. Also, this 3rd time I turned the car on, it did run noticeably smoother. I didn't drive it as it needed a wash. So tomorrow when I'm out and about I'll report back. Hopefully that fixed the issue.
Let me know when you do Bank 2, Sensors are behind motor mount

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, I will. If it needs it then I'll do them. I have a jack so I can support the engine so shouldn't be any big issue other than removing the motor mounts. If I do that I might replace the water pump and hoses since the pump might be slightly leaking.

·
Registered
2011 Equinox 1LT V6 3.0L FWD 174.6k miles
4,463 Posts
Watching this with interest. P0017 is the Cam/Crank out of Sync code. Curious to see if just changing the sensors fixes it ...

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Watching this with interest. P0017 is the Cam/Crank out of Sync code. Curious to see if just changing the sensors fixes it ...
Yea, I just drove over 25 miles and no issues. I had rich codes as well and those went away. Runs a lot better now. I'll replace the other 3 VVT solenoids too. After 155K miles I probably should.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Yea, I will. If it needs it then I'll do them. I have a jack so I can support the engine so shouldn't be any big issue other than removing the motor mounts. If I do that I might replace the water pump and hoses since the pump might be slightly leaking.
Are my eyes, correct. It looks like there 4-6 bolts to remove for motor mount? I have not been able to find info on removal

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
My water pump thread.
While i was changing the water pump... went ahead and put in a new motor mount on that side.... by timing chain cover.
Few pics in this thread

1 - 9 of 9 Posts