GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, everyone,

So last night, my check engine light came on. I used my OBDII scanner ("FixD connector plus Torque on my phone) and it read "Pending fault P0013" and "Pending Fault P0014". I'm about 99% sure it is due to the last oil change. Normally, I change the oil when it's still in the teens for oil life percentage, but this last time, I ran it down to about 3%. And, I had to go to one of those "Quick Lube" places, because that was the only place doing them (due to it being a Saturday and the whole Covid-19 lockdowns). I have less than 1,500 miles on the new oil, and the oil life is 80%, but I got this code.

My questions are, I've seen "flush the engine and change the sensor", "don't flush the engine under any circumstances", "just increase the number of oil changes for a while", "you're going to need a new engine", and all sorts of other recommendations for fixing this. I'm hoping to avoid the more expensive fixes (like a new engine), so I'm asking you for your advice on how to proceed? Definitely I'm getting the oil changed this weekend or early next week from a reputable place (as I can't do it myself due to living in an apartment in the downtown portion of my city). Should I try to get the sensor replaced too, or see if it clears up with new oil? Is this something that I need to get done immediately, or can it go 50 to 100 miles before I have to fix it? (Basically, I'm asking if I should stop driving the car altogether until I get it fixed).

I'm attaching a screenshot of what I saw when I checked the fault codes on Torque Pro. I cleared them and drove for about 5 miles (city traffic) without them returning.

Thanks for your advice, and have a great day. :)
Patrick.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. That's pretty consistent with most of what I've found. The oil change place used their branded oil if I remember correctly and whatever it was sounded different than what I've normally put in. I'm going to get it changed on Monday again and have the place use my usual oil (Valvoline, if I remember right, but I'll dig out my records to make sure).

How hard is it to check the actuators? I have to do it in a parking lot with cars next to mine, so if it's something I have to dig into the engine for, I'll be taking it in somewhere.

Have a great day. :)
Patrick.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Not hard if you have the 2.4L 4 cylinder engine. Look up U tube videos for procedure.
Really pretty easy, remove connector, one bolt, slide it out.
I would put new ones in as long as the old ones are out.
About $35 each on ebay for the genuine AC/Delco, don't waste your time on the cheap China garbage.

Reactions: 13nox
1 - 5 of 5 Posts