GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where the outside temperature theromocouple is located on the Equinox? Just wondering where the factory locates it to avoid possible false readings from engine heat.

·
Registered
446 Posts
It's under the hood, near the front grill if it's a normal GM setup. You will get higher readings after your vehicle has sat in the sun for a while. But it should be very close if not spot on after a few miles down the road.

I've also heard that very hot roads can give false readings. Simply because the heat coming off the road can be much hotter than normal air temp.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Narg said:
It's under the hood, near the front grill if it's a normal GM setup. You will get higher readings after your vehicle has sat in the sun for a while. But it should be very close if not spot on after a few miles down the road.

I've also heard that very hot roads can give false readings. Simply because the heat coming off the road can be much hotter than normal air temp.
If one stopped the vehicle and stepped out, wouldn't that then be the correct temp.comming off the road?

·
Registered
441 Posts
fourmoremarine said:
If one stopped the vehicle and stepped out, wouldn't that then be the correct temp.comming off the road?
it wouldnt be the ambient air temp....id much rather know the normal temp, then how hot it is over blacktop...

·
Registered
10,485 Posts
gar187er said:
it wouldnt be the ambient air temp....id much rather know the normal temp, then how hot it is over blacktop...
Not to be too wise, but I suppose you could attach the temperature sensor to the top of the antenna. That antenna is so large, that it would practically read the temperature from the clouds !

·
Registered
635 Posts
My Montanas had the thermal sensor inside the front bumper. I replaced it once. Was easy to do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts