GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the Terrain offer a Outside Read temp on the Dash?? I see if you have the Nav system it offers Temps for the city you are in and extended forecast..Nice

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
nitti48 said:
Does the Terrain offer a Outside Read temp on the Dash?? I see if you have the Nav system it offers Temps for the city you are in and extended forecast[/color]..Nice
just curious, where did you see the extended forecast?
???

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
SnowItch said:
In the Nox;

Clicking on Info brings up the current forecast (or the HVAC screen). When on the current weather screen, there is a "Menu" button on the screen. Pressing that brings up another menu. One of the items on the additional menu is for the extended forecast (mine is currently showing "Snow" on Friday).
thanks SnowItch, we'll have to check that out on the Terrain.
8)

·
Registered
111 Posts
You have to subscribe to the weather package XM offers to be able to see the extended forecast.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had the same issue with the dealer not adding the weather and traffic to the trail period. XM was more then happy to do it, but when you call they say you need to turn the car on within 3 hours to update your XM radio (since I was at work I had to call back and do it again). Traffic is ok, but really on good around major cities, otherwise it is a waste of money IMO. The weather is nice and with the Nav it can should you weather along your destination route.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When I was at the dealer and he we called XM thru Onstar the guy said I could not get weather..but it seems i get Traffic plus weather..and its not associated with XM and i get extended weather also...

·
Registered
115 Posts
holy crap, what a great forum! there is no way I would have had any clue about this stuff...

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I really like it..It shows the Temp here in Orlando and also Weather Alerts for All surrounding counties..Like Orange County ..severe thunderstorms and tornado alert..not that I want to see that now...just heavy rain where I am..I like the XM also..After the 3 mo trial how much did u say a bundle for the yr was??

Sometimes I forget to take my Ipod so they have sum great stations to turn to..NHL station..60's music..Nice....

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Includes the XM music or that is tacked on??

·
Registered
53 Posts
Does anyone know where the actual temp guage is on the Terrain? I'm just curious because I was out and about for work and it kept saying 5degrees celcius, yet it's been about 12 degrees for the last 3 hours or so. I've had times where it's been in my garage over night and the temp says 15, and then quickly goes down to the real temp once I started driving. I'm not sure if mine is somehow frozen on screen or something?

·
Registered
635 Posts
methodfilter said:
Does anyone know where the actual temp guage is on the Terrain?
Do you want to know where the "sensor" is for the temperature guage? I had a faulty sensor on one of my Montana vans, it was at the front of the vehicle inside the bumper area.
The part was around $20 and was easy to replace. However on a new vehicle I am sure warranty would cover it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I was just wondering if maybe mine was covered with something. I'll give it another check tomorrow and see if it changed. We're experience some odd weather so I'll give it a bit.

·
Registered
63 Posts
It is located behind the front bumper fascia on the Pass side rad support. According to the repair instructions you have to remove the fascia to access it. I haven't had the time to check but I know on some of the older models it use to take up to 10 min to pick up a new temp and you had to reach a speed of at least 40km for it to update. The computer had to see certain conditions met for it to update.

·
Registered
53 Posts
It started going back to normal at night, must have just been an odd day! Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OK my outside Temp reads about 5 Degrees more than what the Weather Info reads..I am right on top(area) that the Weather Info shows..Normal?? I know it takes time for Weather to update..Just wondered..If other ppl can post their idiosyncracies,I can,hehe ;D

·
Registered
277 Posts
Nitti---Weather info data comes from your satellite radio feed. The outside temp # is what's outside your car. Since the satellite feed is, let's say Orlando downtown #, and you're in Kissimmee, your car is probably the more accurate # for outside temp.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts