GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I think I got a great price on my Cyber Silver 4 cyl FWD SLT-1. It was ordered tonight so it'll be 6-8 weeks before I get it. I'm debating on trading in my wife's toyota solara or trying to sell it. We'll see. Paid 26,300 before tax, etc. Also added a sunroof so I think I got an excellent deal on the truck. Also GMC is offering 0% on financing for toyota owners, which we happen to be one. Anyways, I'll be reading up on this forum and look forward to learning a lot. I'm on a number of automotive forums as well.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Yup, make sure you get it in writing!! Chances are the Toyota conquest is gonna go away sometime soon and you will loose the 0% when it does.

·
Registered
10,030 Posts
Amen to that. I, also, lost out on a boat-load of rebates by the lengthy order-to-delivery cycle. Maybe that if GMs form of bait and switch. Promise the "world" and then remove the world after you order.

·
Registered
19 Posts
How can GM change the agreed upon order once the agreement/contract is signed. Unless you change something that was agreed upon, because then it becomes a new deal. I would understand them not giving you the 0% financing, unless you trade in a Toyota, if this is part of the fine print, but to yank rebates due to length of delivery with a signed contract, sounds like a dealer violating the contract.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Ummm..u said something about a Toyota??I am trading in a Toyota on this Terrain and notin was mentioned about any incentive..Just wondered..Maybe I read it wrong..Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yup, I read about it last night. Funny too, because the salesman never mentioned it. I found it on GMC.com. I'm probably not going to trade it though, I'll most likley sell it. Even though 0% is nice, If I can get like 3.9 or so and get more money by selling it myself I'll do better. Right away he saw we pulled up in the toyota and started to talk down it's value. We'll see though. I only put 1000 down on the truck and it's being ordered so we haven't worked out anything other than a price. Interest rates are yet to be determined but I'm over 700 and my wife may even be 800 so I'm not too worried about it.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
You dont have to trade it in. Just own one, IIRC.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well the guy is going to do a dealer locate to see if anyone in the area has one as we ordered it. So there is a possibility of my picking it up this week BUT the only way that's going to happen is if they give me what I want for my trade. I'd like to put about 10 grand down.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
6 weeks later and they have no info for me and haven't been returning my calls. I stopped by tonight and they don't know anything. They said it'll be another 6-8 weeks. I'm getting my deposit back and going to look at other cars this weekend.

·
Registered
635 Posts
SnowItch said:
Because when you place the order, you are not signing "THE" agreement or contract. There is nothing binding. You can actually walk away from that order with only the loss of your down payment (people on this forum have. Nitti48 ordered one thing, and his dealer is letting him "trade" the vehicle he ordered for what he has now decided he wants).

Your actually "deal" is determined when the car arrives. Doesn't make sense, but that is how it works.

As I stated, there is another poster on the forums that lost out on a conquest rebate because he sold the car that would give him that rebate prior to his Nox/Terrain actually arriving. Read his post here:

http://www.equinoxforum.net/index.php?topic=149.msg3812#msg3812
I signed my deal Dec. 2009 when $1000 holiday bonus was running.(originally was going to buy a Terrain off the lot, but ordered Nox Jan 7th)
I picked up Nox last week and still got the $1000 Holiday bonus.
Maybe its different if you make a substantial down payment? I paid $2500.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
biggee72 said:
6 weeks later and they have no info for me and haven't been returning my calls. I stopped by tonight and they don't know anything. They said it'll be another 6-8 weeks. I'm getting my deposit back and going to look at other cars this weekend.
Find a dealer in your area that has allocation. If you are in Indiana area the dealers are getting stock now. Our dealer has 4 in now but he is turning them over within a week of them getting here.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I put $1000 down and I'm in NJ. I had a good deal on an SLT-1 w/ sunroof for 26,300. Unbeatable deal actually. We purchased a 2010 Rav 4 Limited last week for 28,600 which is about $5000 off sticker price. Plus a lower APR. More features than the terrain, v6, 4x4, etc v. the 4 cyl FWD terrain I feel we got a better value. We needed a car, I agreed to wait 6-8 weeks but no more than that. The terrain isn't worth waiting and additional 6-8 weeks for.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts