GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered from a dealer in Hawkesbury Ontario. SLT-1 with power sunroof and programmable lift gate. Merlot Red with the black leather. Dealer advised that I could be waiting up to three months, but I wanted exactly what I wanted so it will be worth the wait.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Congrats Seveniron!
May your new ride arrive well ahead of golf season!

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Congrats.

Hope its not the 3 month timeframe.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the well wishes. I will let you know when I get it, and provide my thoughts on it after the first few days. :)

·
Registered
635 Posts
I dont see Merlot red on the www.GM.ca website , only Cardinal red. Did they change reds?
I know on my 2009 Vue they changed the Red colour partway through the model year.
These computerized ads are funny..they say colour as Mer-lot instead of correct Mur-low

Click on little speaker to hear pronunciation at http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/merlot

·
Registered
1,085 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
I just figured it out!

Merlot Jewel Metallic[/color] is the Terrain red and Cardinal red[/color] is the Equinox red...

Has anyone compared side by side to see if they are different?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Haven't pulled my Merlot Jewel SLT-1 Terrain next to a Cardinal Red Nox, but I'd bet it's the same color since they're made on the same assembly line. I would imagine there's lots of duplicate colors with different names all across the GM line.

·
Registered
446 Posts
The naming of the color is all about licensing and copyrights. Back in my college days I worked for a graphics company, and did a lot with fonts on computers. Since we couldn't use some fonts due to licensing, we simply copied them and renamed them. Then they could be used without copyright problems. Funny huh...

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Islander said:
Haven't pulled my Merlot Jewel SLT-1 Terrain next to a Cardinal Red Nox, but I'd bet it's the same color since they're made on the same assembly line. I would imagine there's lots of duplicate colors with different names all across the GM line.
There are duplicates.

There was a light blue on the Acadia that was called on colr, same color on a POntiac another and yet another on the Caddy. Nothing even close to each other.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, I got the call today. My Terrain is in. I will be picking it up sometime next week. About 12 weeks from the time I ordered it, although I know my order did not go in right away as the dealer did not have the allocation when I ordered. Will post some pics once I pick it up.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Enjoy and Safe Driving!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts