GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter ordered a loaded LTZ in black granit with a black leather interior, nav package and sunroof. It was the 4cyl with front drive. The dealer showed her the actual "build sheet" and said they would be getting it in 7 - 8 days. They agreed on a price and she put down a $1,000 deposit.

A week or two went by and they said the car was in the distribution lot in Jessup MD but that there was new processes being worked out for shipping to the dealers so it might be delayed a little.

Now it is in the 4th week and they told her that it was accidentally sent to another dealer who promply sold it. They indicated that they will order one for her exactly like she wanted for the same price.

DOES THIS SOUND FISHY TO YOU GUYS ??? !!!!!


.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,498 Posts
cobraed said:
My daughter ordered a loaded LTZ in black granit with a black leather interior, nav package and sunroof. It was the 4cyl with front drive. The dealer showed her the actual "build sheet" and said they would be getting it in 7 - 8 days. They agreed on a price and she put down a $1,000 deposit.

A week or two went by and they said the car was in the distribution lot in Jessup MD but that there was new processes being worked out for shipping to the dealers so it might be delayed a little.

Now it is in the 4th week and they told her that it was accidentally sent to another dealer who promply sold it. They indicated that they will order one for her exactly like she wanted for the same price.

DOES THIS SOUND FISHY TO YOU GUYS ??? !!!!!


.
VERY fishy. I would go to the dealer's owner and cry bloody murder, demand them to do EXACTLY what she wants, or else she will cancel the order. Time to play hardball.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
It sounds like they are not "building" but pulling out of dealer's inventory. I know that is how I purchased my car. My dealer told me what was available and where the vehicle was. Process took two days. If I was her I would speak with another dealership about making a deal. Good luck!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,772 Posts
cobraed said:
My daughter ordered a loaded LTZ in black granit with a black leather interior, nav package and sunroof. It was the 4cyl with front drive. The dealer showed her the actual "build sheet" and said they would be getting it in 7 - 8 days. They agreed on a price and she put down a $1,000 deposit.

A week or two went by and they said the car was in the distribution lot in Jessup MD but that there was new processes being worked out for shipping to the dealers so it might be delayed a little.

Now it is in the 4th week and they told her that it was accidentally sent to another dealer who promply sold it. They indicated that they will order one for her exactly like she wanted for the same price.

DOES THIS SOUND FISHY TO YOU GUYS ??? !!!!!


.
It is possible that the dealership was trying to trade with another to get the vehicle and when that fell through, they offered to order the vehicle for you. Did they provide you with an order number? I can look into the status of the order with the order number. Please feel free to keep me updated regarding the concern. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
371 Posts
Chevrolet Customer Svc said:
It is possible that the dealership was trying to trade with another to get the vehicle and when that fell through, they offered to order the vehicle for you. Did they provide you with an order number? I can look into the status of the order with the order number. Please feel free to keep me updated regarding the concern. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

In my book, that would be fraud!!!

They can't represent a sale as being order direct from factory and go out and dealer trade for the car. That is flat our WRONG!

Not to mention the car will have a decent amount of mileage on it if drivin to his dealership.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Chevrolet Customer Svc said:
It is possible that the dealership was trying to trade with another to get the vehicle and when that fell through, they offered to order the vehicle for you. Did they provide you with an order number? I can look into the status of the order with the order number. Please feel free to keep me updated regarding the concern. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
Hi Tricia,

We checked the code about a week and a half ago before we knew the car was "gone" and it was a 3800 code. The sales rep has been corresponding with my daughter and is very apologetic and has promised to order her the same car exactly as she wanted it with a new discount for her inconvienience. Seems OK, but I was burned once on custom ordering a new Chevy Citation from a dealer about 30 years ago and am very wary.

We will see what he says when my daughter meets with him. I am sure she will get an order number for tracking.

Thanks for your interest. We will keep you posted if this starts to look odd as it unfolds.

Thanks again!!


.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
gmiemigrad said:
About 4-5 weeks ago, there was an issue with the transport company that GM was using (along with a couple of other manufacturers) where the transport company was refusing to deliver cars to dealers (were holding the vehicles "hostage") after the transport company demanded price increases. They vehicles were eventually released.

There were some changes to the distribution process and companies involved after this.

Don't know if the vehicle involved here was part of that but it was a legitimate problem.

Good info, . . That kinda sounds like the problem. The sales rep casually mentioned "union" worker concerns up at the distribution center.


.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
371 Posts
But if that were the case, why a new order? ???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
tsduke said:
But if that were the case, why a new order? ???
Now that I think of it, there was not a big formal order drawn up as is normally done when buying a new car. They gave her a copy of the build sheet and a receipt for her $1,000 deposit. No big formal order. Not sure what that is all about. I guess that is also why I thought the whole thing was fishy.

Trish, what do you think of this?


.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Hi Tricia,

I am the daughter in this story. The build sheet had the VIN number in place of the order # so I don't have the actual order number, but the code my father read you is correct, stating that the vehicle had been shipped. Is there a way that I can contact you directly at your office and I can give you more details?

Thanks in advance!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
216 Posts
First of all where's the $1,000?
I would find out the phone number of the GM district rep and call him directly; I would also call GM customer service and raise holly hell.
The bottom line is you have been Scre***.
Tricia the GM CS person that replied to your post should have all the information relating to your order at her finger tips----------we are in the computer age; right!!!!! She can trace the vehicle from order to delivery in a heart beat.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
371 Posts
It's starting to sound more like she bought a car already ordered and allocated to this dealer but not specifically for her.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
I'd like to add my 2-cents here. I actually work in a Chevy store in Ohio and I can tell you that when you order a car it will not be delivered to a dealer in 10 days. It's more like 4-6 weeks depending on what it is (sometimes it's closer to 8 weeks for the more popular models, including the EQ). If that dealer took your money and produced a VIN# that quick he was planning on trading for that particular car, not ordering anything. It takes weeks to get a VIN assigned to a vehicle. When I order a car for a client I give them the order # right there; the order number is usually a set of letters, i.e., PDXWW, PQZDX, or something like that. And I usually don't take a deposit because things can happen to hold up the process. I figure if I order you a car and you don't take it when it comes in I'll just sell it to somebody else. And especially an Equinox--I can't keep them in stock. My advice to you is get your money back NOW and go somewhere else. That dealer is super shady and God only knows what other crap he'll pull down the road.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
And one other thing...car's don't just 'accidentally' get sent to the wrong dealer. I've been selling new Chevy's for the better part of the last ten years and i've seen that happen only once. It was with a dealer group that had multiple locations and the vehicle was promptly transported to the originating dealer. And besides, if I got a car dropped here that was supposed to go somewhere else I would have absolutely no way of selling it because our accounting dept. would have to have the MSO (manufacturer's statement of origin) which is basically the title. Who is this dealer you're getting the run-around from? I'd love to have my GM rep look into this. It's crap like this that gives dealers a bad rep!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
I think that is exactly what happened. I never placed an order. They gave me a spec sheet that already had the VIN and all the details and told me it would be arriving in 7-9 days. So I think you're right, they found it in the system and tried to get it from the dealer who had it. I have called customer service and they're putting one of their reps on it. We'll see where it goes.

Thanks all for the advice!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,537 Posts
I would definately ask for a good discount for all your troubles. Or maybe a couple accessories thrown in to help relieve the extream pain of not receiving your car. :banana:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm sure my daughter will chime in as she is the actual purchaser, but the sales rep appears to be a pretty decent guy as he is actually placing an order to have the vehicle built for her for less than the original amount due to her inconvienience. Maybe he was just trying to get an already built car from inventory but was unsuccessful during the original mix-up.

She will be seeing him in the next day or so to write up an actual order/contract for another custom built one. I'm sure she will chime in with the details as this progresses.


.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,498 Posts
cobraed said:
I'm sure my daughter will chime in as she is the actual purchaser, but the sales rep appears to be a pretty decent guy as he is actually placing an order to have the vehicle built for her for less than the original amount due to her inconvienience. Maybe he was just trying to get an already built car from inventory but was unsuccessful during the original mix-up.

She will be seeing him in the next day or so to write up an actual order/contract for another custom built one. I'm sure she will chime in with the details as this progresses.


.
Personally, I'd order a '12.
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top