GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

Options...

6K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  scottyyyc 
#1 ·
Hello, all.

I'm in an '09 CTS which I love, but looking for something that gives me utility as only a CUV would provide. Don't want a full-size SUV...which brings me to the Terrain. It will be a while before I actually spring for a new vehicle but nothing stops me from looking around now. ;D Matter of fact, by the time I'm ready to get one, it will most likely be for a 2011 or the very beginning of the 2012 model year (it'll be around this time next year when I'll be close to lease-end on the CTS).

I'm liking the Terrain a lot from what I've been reading in my research.

On options: I'm thinking of getting a fully-loaded SLT-2, some of which I don't think I'll actually ever use -- biggest examples being rear DVD entertainment system and the trailering package. I'm thinking of re-sale value. Is this rational or am I being ridiculous? ::) :D

#3 ·
I disagree on the sunroof and say leather interior will be most important for resale. Sunroofs can fall into one of two categories...people who have had issues with leakage in the past and will not get another sunroof and people who must have them. Most everyone likes a leather interior though...with a small minority who don't for various reasons. Things like the back seat entertainment are hit or miss...if the prospective buyers don't have young kids then it won't be much of a selling point. Of course if you're talking trade-in then I have no idea since i never do that.

#4 ·
I think, and Ive said this before, with GM leather it depends on the region you are in. Here in the midwest its about 50/50 on the leather. Everybody that we show our Terrain to they are shocked at how good our premium cloth seats are. Plus, the fact they are heated is even a better deal because then you never deal with the uncomfortable hot seats in the summer.

Sunroofs always seem to return the cost of it but it wont bring extra and in fact, on our LTZ Malibu, it was a PLUS as we got more for it because someone was waiting for a car exactly like ours.

#5 ·
bballr4567 said:
Plus, the fact they are heated is even a better deal because then you never deal with the uncomfortable hot seats in the summer.
Granted, this is my first vehicle with leather seats (had the premium vinyl in my first car - a 1989 Jeep Comanche) and I was warned about the leather being hot enough supposedly to burn your skin, in the summer time.

This couldn't be further from the truth for me. It's been 40 degrees outside here for the past few weeks, and even with my black vehicle with all the windows up all day facing north I have yet to consider the seats to be uncomfortably hot. The air inside the cabin, yes, but not the seats.

I think maybe the perforations have something to do with it... Or maybe people are confusing leather with vinyl. Those seats were HOT!

#6 ·
NoobNox said:
I disagree on the sunroof and say leather interior will be most important for resale. Sunroofs can fall into one of two categories...people who have had issues with leakage in the past and will not get another sunroof and people who must have them. Most everyone likes a leather interior though...with a small minority who don't for various reasons. Things like the back seat entertainment are hit or miss...if the prospective buyers don't have young kids then it won't be much of a selling point. Of course if you're talking trade-in then I have no idea since i never do that.
I will not get another car w/ sunroof...I'm definitely in that category. I hated having it on my last car, but coudlnt find a SS Sedan w/o

After going through 2 Audi's with nothing but sunroof issues, and my Grand Prix GTP's...I've had enough with them. My Cobalt SS saw the dealer 3 times, all sunroof related issues lol.

#7 ·
Terrain said:
Granted, this is my first vehicle with leather seats (had the premium vinyl in my first car - a 1989 Jeep Comanche) and I was warned about the leather being hot enough supposedly to burn your skin, in the summer time.

This couldn't be further from the truth for me. It's been 40 degrees outside here for the past few weeks, and even with my black vehicle with all the windows up all day facing north I have yet to consider the seats to be uncomfortably hot. The air inside the cabin, yes, but not the seats.

I think maybe the perforations have something to do with it... Or maybe people are confusing leather with vinyl. Those seats were HOT!
I could not agree more. It has been very hot here in the Montreal area lately as well (+ 30 C) and I have had no problems with my black leather seats either. Start the car, turn on the air and 30 seconds later you would not even know it is hot outside.

#8 ·
If resale value is a main concern for you, it depends on how long you're going to keep the vehicle. Options affect the resale value less and less as the vehicle becomes older. Someone buying a 10 year old vehicle largely doesn't car about specific options, as price, conditions, and mileage will be the big concerns there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.