GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it really worth the money?

I have an SLE-1 and I've been told bluetooth won't work unless I subscribe to OnStar.

·
Registered
10,554 Posts
FS1980 said:
Is it really worth the money?

I have an SLE-1 and I've been told bluetooth won't work unless I subscribe to OnStar.
Untrue - Bluetooth does NOT require On*.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Bluetooth will work without OnStar.
However, your SLE-1 trim might not have bluetooth. That's when you can use OnStar phone for hands free calling, separate minutes you'll have to pay for in advance, but once again not sure if you need OnStar subscription on top of your minutes

·
Registered
368 Posts
CFRTim said:
Bluetooth will work without OnStar.
However, your SLE-1 trim might not have bluetooth. That's when you can use OnStar phone for hands free calling, separate minutes you'll have to pay for in advance, but once again not sure if you need OnStar subscription on top of your minutes
Just a thought for those looking at the base trim on these vehicles and I'll use the Terrain as an example. I would urge looking at all the trim levels before buying the base. In the SLE-1 for example, you don't get bluetooth or the 8-speaker sound system or have the option of remote start or sunroof. I've seen a fair number of posts about the feasibility of adding bluetooth, the beefier sound system, and remote start after purchase. So just take a good look before making the decision, would be my suggestion.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts