GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will Onstar automatically email me a system check? I have owned the vehicle close to one month and had originally signed up with Onstar. Thanks.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Yes. You will receive an email from on-star regarding your cars various systems. It checks your car at random 30 day intervals. Sometimes a few before. Sometimes a few after. But you should be receiving an email soon after the 30 days. Make sure your contact info is correct on the onstar site also. Just in case.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have been receiving the system check emails monthly for over a year now. You can also request a system check and get a response by pressing the blue OnStar button. I noticed my OnStar status light was 'red' not 'green'. OnStar tech told me my OnStar battery voltage was low. Problem cleared after driving for a few days.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Old Salt said:
I received my first (and only, so far) four MONTHS after purchase.
If you are running a ScanGuage that will interfere with the car's computers ability to send its report to OnStar. Also as has been suggested, perhaps your e-mail address changed or OnStar got it wrong. I have had OnStar for 4 years now and the only times I haven't received a report is when I forget to unplug my ScanGuage a couple of days before I normally receive the report.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I don't have a scangauge. When I bought the car, in February 2011, OnStar said that I would receive my first report within weeks, and monthly thereafter. I've had the same e-mail address for four years now. I'm not complaining - just commenting.

·
Registered
216 Posts
If you have Progressive Insurance and have their "Snap Shot" devise plugged into the diagnostic port (just under the dash to the left of the steering wheel) you will get the monthly report but OnStar can't read anything when something is plugged into this port. Other features of OnStar work fine. Apparently Progressive is developing a new "Snap Shot" that MAY solve this and other problems they are having with the current "Snap Shot".

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
I would recommend contacting OnStar Customer Assistance at 888-466-7827 for more specific information. They should be able to assist you with specifics in regards to your account. Please feel free to keep us posted. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Personally I'd hit teh button and tell then A - When is my OnStar report due, :shrug: B - Have not had one for ____ Time :thumbdown: and finally C -- Do one right now and email it to me.... :cheers:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts