GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought 2012 Terrain SEL-2 with convenience package (seat heaters/remote start). I downloaded the RemoteLink App, which is cool as hell (if only I could get my wife to get it and send herself her own **** directions :)), but I do not have the option to remote start from it, or view tire pressure. Also, I can't see trip B stats.

I contacted onStar who took a week to respond and told me to refresh the info on the app. Naturally this doesn't maek the remote start button appear nor the tire pressure diagram appear.

I was just wondering if anyone else has this same experience and if they were able to get it resolved or if, as I suspect, it's just the way the app is designed for all 2012s.

Gratzie!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
241 Posts
Endo129 said:
Just bought 2012 Terrain SEL-2 with convenience package (seat heaters/remote start). I downloaded the RemoteLink App, which is cool as hell (if only I could get my wife to get it and send herself her own **** directions :)), but I do not have the option to remote start from it, or view tire pressure. Also, I can't see trip B stats.

I contacted onStar who took a week to respond and told me to refresh the info on the app. Naturally this doesn't maek the remote start button appear nor the tire pressure diagram appear.

I was just wondering if anyone else has this same experience and if they were able to get it resolved or if, as I suspect, it's just the way the app is designed for all 2012s.

Gratzie!

I had the same issue when I first got my car in December. Onstar had to reset the app on their end and then I had to delete the app and reinstall it before it worked correctly. You also have to enable its use in your onstar profile online.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
289 Posts
Make sure you do as wkeatonjr said and make sure it's enabled in your Onstar account online. I'd start there then contact onstar as they may have to reset something else. I know I didn't enable it online and was mad the first week I had my car till I figured that out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I'm on hold with them now and boy are they clueless. It's been 23 minutes so far and all she's done is repeat back that I should have the remote start button. However, she's saying that if the remote start was installed at the dealership it may not show up, so she's taking 3-5 minutes to go look that up.

I have bene using the app for vehicle info (except tire pressure and trip B) and to send directions to it just fine, so I don't think the registering it is the issue.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,151 Posts
thats correct- if the remote start is Dealer installed (that is-- its not factory installed)

the Remote start APP will NOT WORK.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
She confirmed that my remote start was factory installed and was no help. she wanted to send me to customer care and I told her they sent me to her. She told me to call back from the car. :banghead: So I guess I'll be sitting my my garage tonight rocking out to my ipo…..wait, not if I'm on the phone, I'll just be siting there. :facepalm:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
241 Posts
Endo129 said:
She confirmed that my remote start was factory installed and was no help. she wanted to send me to customer care and I told her they sent me to her. She told me to call back from the car. :banghead: So I guess I'll be sitting my my garage tonight rocking out to my ipo…..wait, not if I'm on the phone, I'll just be siting there. :facepalm:
It sounds like their new "improved" system upgrade is not relating your VIN to your account. Until they get their system figured out, it may not give you the options in the app that you should have.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
312 Posts
As others mentioned, you have to go to the OnStar account you've set up, and enable it online. I didn't find that information anywhere until I finally talked to a knowledgeable rep. I had a heck of a time getting everything to work on our 2010 Traverse. I tried calling OnStar like you, and they had no clue. I finally ended up speaking to an American service rep, who immediately asked if I had done the online permission.

Once I did that, I refreshed the info on the Android phone and everything worked! You do have to use a PIN which you set up on the OnStar site to work some of the features.

Good luck!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
These stories are making me feel less conflicted about letting my Onstar trial run out without renewing
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
241 Posts
jdubs1211 said:
These stories are making me feel less conflicted about letting my Onstar trial run out without renewing
LOL You should go read the Facebook Onstar wall :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh yeah. to get it to work in the first place I had to call. Even the rep admitted, "it would be great if the online login said not to include the leading 0 in your account number. That would save us a lot of calls." He set me up with everything, including granting permission online.

Back to this issue; I called from the car and spoke to someone, who then transferred me to customer care. The customer care rep was great and tried a few things, but couldn't get it to work. She knew what she was doing, but was trying to avoid sending me to technical support. Once I got to technical support he put me on hold for a few minutes then came back to confirm that there was an issue on their side. He had to send it of to tier 1 support where it'll get fixed in 5-7 business days at which time they'll call me.

Fine with me, as long as it starts to work right before my 6 months is up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
483 Posts
Endo129 said:
Oh yeah. to get it to work in the first place I had to call. Even the rep admitted, "it would be great if the online login said not to include the leading 0 in your account number. That would save us a lot of calls." He set me up with everything, including granting permission online.

Back to this issue; I called from the car and spoke to someone, who then transferred me to customer care. The customer care rep was great and tried a few things, but couldn't get it to work. She knew what she was doing, but was trying to avoid sending me to technical support. Once I got to technical support he put me on hold for a few minutes then came back to confirm that there was an issue on their side. He had to send it of to tier 1 support where it'll get fixed in 5-7 business days at which time they'll call me.

Fine with me, as long as it starts to work right before my 6 months is up.

Good deal. I hope they get you up and running with the remote start. It's a really cool feature. Not long ago my wife and I were at a restaurant and it was 21 degree outside. We had parked in a parking garage some distance from the eatery. As I was paying the check I remote started the car and it was nice and toasty inside and the seats were warm by the time we walked back to the car. Nice. It even tells you on your phone that the vehicle has actually started.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was wondering when I might actually use it and not just the key, but that is exactly when. Too bad the trial will be up before we get winter again here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Jenniebeeb said:
I have a 2012 SLT2 Terrain, and the Remote Start function shows up on my app, I also enabled its use prior to installing my app(iPhone here) though so I have no idea if that had anything to do with it.

Crossing my fingers they get it up and working soon for you :)
That may be the exact key to it, we'll probably never know. I know I installed my app first, maybe even before I had my account, then had to talk to someone at on star to get me all set up. I'm still waiting my 5-7 business days and we'll see what happens. I did have the nice rep who ended up sending me to tech support call me twice to follow up and see if it was fixed yet, so that was a bright spot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Endo129 said:
That may be the exact key to it, we'll probably never know. I know I installed my app first, maybe even before I had my account, then had to talk to someone at on star to get me all set up. I'm still waiting my 5-7 business days and we'll see what happens. I did have the nice rep who ended up sending me to tech support call me twice to follow up and see if it was fixed yet, so that was a bright spot.
Were they able to resolve this issue and get the remote start working or was this not possible.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
180 Posts
I just picked up my 2014 'Nox yesterday and activated the app right away. It is very cool. Especially for me since as a musician, at some of the "roadhouses" I play, I like to lock my keys in the car, but I always have my phone. Now I can unlock the car without the keys.

I have an iPhone 5 with iOS 7 and the app was flawless to get going once I have my onstar account set up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
412 Posts
noxville2014 said:
Especially for me since as a musician, at some of the "roadhouses" I play, I like to lock my keys in the car,
Ok, I gotta ask ................................ ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
180 Posts
I play in a modern country and also an 80's metal band. Some of the bars I have gigs at remind of the movie "From Dusk till Dawn". I feel like at any moment, all of the doors and windows are going to lock and the patrons will turn into werewolves! ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
woohoo, happened across this thread and was able to get the remote start and lock function to work on my Sierra. Had not had a chance to look before. I had to enable it on the web site.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top