GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just spoke to OnStar regarding the availability of the MyLink application for 2010 vehicles. This is what I was told: As of March 10, the application was made available to select 2010 vehicles, including the Acadia, Enclave, Traverse, Suburban, and a few others (apparently, these have Generation 9 hardware?). However, the 2010 Equinox and Terrain were not among them. The rep had no time frame for when or if it would be made available for the 2010 Equinox/Terrain. I was told to keep checking with them. Oh, well. . .

·
Registered
193 Posts
You aren't missing much anyway, I never use this. Maybe if I lived in a cold weather state and had remote start, it would come in handy.

·
Registered
196 Posts
i sure would like it...hope it comes soon!

·
Registered
482 Posts
According to another thread the 2010 Equinox and Terrain are out of luck with the OnStar app. They have finished development and list the 2010 vehicles that will get it. Unfortunately the 2010 Equinox and Terrain are not supported due to the version of OnStar in those vehicles.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Black Granite LTZ said:
According to another thread the 2010 Equinox and Terrain are out of luck with the OnStar app. They have finished development and list the 2010 vehicles that will get it. Unfortunately the 2010 Equinox and Terrain are not supported due to the version of OnStar in those vehicles.
Yeah, that is too bad.

Oh well.

KJ

·
Registered
91 Posts
Definitely letting On* lapse when the free time expires. Still don't get how they can do all of these things remotely but can't be bothered to make it work through a PDA, but whatever. Saves me some $$$ in the long run by not paying for On* for what would have been neat but not really necessary.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Superboy95 said:
Definitely letting On* lapse when the free time expires. Still don't get how they can do all of these things remotely but can't be bothered to make it work through a PDA, but whatever. Saves me some $$$ in the long run by not paying for On* for what would have been neat but not really necessary.
My Onstar free period ends April 30. but since I gave them my credit card for phone minutes, they sent me an email saying that they would begin to charge the card starting in May for monthly service, so I will be calling and cancelling soon, although I don't look forward to having to endure the sales pitch.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Black Granite LTZ said:
Sounds like the old GM is calling the shots. Way to take care of the early adopters. Boooo!!!

·
Registered
10,511 Posts
fullcourt said:
My Onstar free period ends April 30. but since I gave them my credit card for phone minutes, they sent me an email saying that they would begin to charge the card starting in May for monthly service, so I will be calling and cancelling soon, although I don't look forward to having to endure the sales pitch.
At least you got an e-mail telling you what they were doing. Wife checked our credit card bills, and GM snuck in the renewal without our permission. I called and they said they will cancel the charge. They better, or they'll hear from me again !

·
Registered
64 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts