GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those with the OnStar app (2011-2012) if you update the app it will now send navigation destinations directly to the vehicle. Pretty cool. You can enter the destination address from your smartphone and have it ready to go when you enter the vehicle.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks for this info. I like that feature. Too bad I will only have it for another month and a half!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Wife loves the app. She has remote start in the car, but where her office is, the Nox won't always start using the key fob. Hello Onstar app!!! Now she's a very happy camper... :thumb:

·
Registered
194 Posts
I like it too for both of those reasons. The other night was cold and we were at a restaurant and parked at a public lots a coupe blocks away. The remote start worked great and the car was warm. I also like te ability to drop a destination into the car from my couch using my iPad. Very nice.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am very interested in this application. I contacted Chevy and they said it was only availble in the 2012 LTZ equinox model.

Have any of you have a different case?

·
Registered
116 Posts
is there any charge for the app and can I just log in someplace to use. Also will the regular OnStar plan work or will I need the premium plan?
Thanks

·
Registered
289 Posts
Newbienox2012 said:
I am very interested in this application. I contacted Chevy and they said it was only availble in the 2012 LTZ equinox model.

If you have a smartphone or iphone, download the application and try it. You must be an active Onstar subscriber for it to work. When you log into your account on your phone it will either show you your vehicle or state no authorized vehicles found.

JTNJ said:
is there any charge for the app and can I just log in someplace to use. Also will the regular OnStar plan work or will I need the premium plan?
Thanks
You just need to be an active paying Onstar subscriber. Some features vary by the plan you have (such as you only get the turn by turn if you are a premium) but the start, unlock, and other vehicle info will all be there with the most basic plan.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I really like the OnStar App and now especially with the ability to send directions to your vehicle. I recently sent 2 locations to my car through the app (I was traveling out of state and had 2 locations I wanted to have saved) but the next time I started the car only the last one I sent came to me. So I guess you can only do one per start? Even so, great feature!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Newbienox2012 said:

As others have stated, the app works on most 2011 and later Chevy models with Onstar. You have to subscribe to Onstar. I'm curious as to who told you it only worked on the 2012 LTZ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ok,

Let me clear up some confusion here . I am not talking about the directions or navigation through onstar.
Im talking about REMOTE LINK...
this allows you through your smart car to monitor oil, tire pressure, fuel level etc
Also allows you to start your vehicle lock it and also locate the vehicle.

Where my questions started from this is look carefully on the new 2012 brochure on the chevy equinox it says this is available in early spring of 2012.
I called gm directly and they advised me that remote link will only be available on the chevy 2012 equinox , this was later confirmed with two separte emails from two separate dealerships.

My question who built a 2012 chevy equinox recently in the 2 Lt model or ltz model and what models does it work in???
In the search of designing a 2012 chevy equinox and I need to know what vehicle trim level does this work in , proven to work in haha!!

Thank you...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Newbienox2012 said:
Ok,

Let me clear up some confusion here . I am not talking about the directions or navigation through onstar.
this allows you through your smart car to monitor oil, tire pressure, fuel level etc

Where my questions started from this is look carefully on the new 2012 brochure on the chevy equinox it says this is available in early spring of 2012.
I called gm directly and they advised me that remote link will only be available on the chevy 2012 equinox , this was later confirmed with two separte emails from two separate dealerships.

My question who built a 2012 chevy equinox recently in the 2 Lt model or ltz model and what models does it work in???
In the search of designing a 2012 chevy equinox and I need to know what vehicle trim level does this work in , proven to work in haha!!

Thank you...
The brochure is referring to the Chevy MyLink radio that will allow bluetooth streaming of online music content such as Pandora and Stitcher. This is the feature that many of us who bought the first production 2012s thought we were getting...but sadly found out the production release of MyLink had been delayed.
The OnStar Remote Link app that you are asking about allows vehicle stat monitoring and remote functions. This is currently available as long as you are a current OnStar subscriber and I don't think it matters which radio you have.
I have a 2012 2LT that I ordered in the summer and took possession of in August. The Remote Link works wonderfully...until my subscription ends next month.
I believe that Chevy Customer Service stated, http://www.equinoxforum.net/index.php?topic=3353.msg52079;topicseen#new, that LTZs with V6 that are produced beginning at the end of this month will have the new MyLink radio...with other trims added later. If you are timely in your ordering, you should be able to get the new MyLink radio...and use the OnStar Remote Link app!! :thumb: I am envious.

I hope I've answered your questions. Good luck in building your new Equinox...I'm sure you will love it!!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Newbienox2012 said:
Ok,

Thank you...
Actually you didn't clear up things at all, lol. Remote Link is a smart phone app, not a vehicle feature or function. I think you/dealear are thinking of InteliLink or whatnot, and that's still not available yet. I hear is coming into production for the later 2012 models.
However, I can do all the things you have listed, like check tire pressure, oil life, remote start, etc..... using my smartphone Remote Link app and a 2011 Nox 2LT trim, as long as my OnStar service is active.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Ditto what CFRTim said.

The brochure doesn't appear to be correct. Is it a hard copy? If online can you post a link please?

If you want the app for checking fuel, oil, tire pressure, starting, and door functions then Remote Link does all that and just added a Nav upload ability September of last year.

Cheers

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
stratoform said:
Ditto what CFRTim said.

The brochure doesn't appear to be correct. Is it a hard copy? If online can you post a link please?

If you want the app for checking fuel, oil, tire pressure, starting, and door functions then Remote Link does all that and just added a Nav upload ability September of last year.

Cheers
And just to elaborate a little. The OnStar app will work on the basic Safe and Sound package (tire pressure monitor, fuel level, olm, remote lock/unlock and remote starting) but the update to send destinations to a non-nav equipped radio requires the Directions and Connections upgrade. If you have the factory Navigation it will work with that as well.

The current OnStar app works on 2011 and 2012 models but not 2010. Don't know the reason but that's how it is for now.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Black Granite LTZ said:
And just to elaborate a little. The OnStar app will work on the basic Safe and Sound package (tire pressure monitor, fuel level, olm, remote lock/unlock and remote starting) but the update to send destinations to a non-nav equipped radio requires the Directions and Connections upgrade. If you have the factory Navigation it will work with that as well.

The current OnStar app works on 2011 and 2012 models but not 2010. Don't know the reason but that's how it is for now.
Hardware is the reason

"GM is currently deploying OnStar Generation 9 hardware that includes enhanced services and diagnostics and the ability to use the mobile application, RemoteLink, which allows a subscriber to perform many functions without the need for calling into the OnStar centre. Functions include remote start, remote lock and unlock, flashing lights and horn as well as viewing up-to-date diagnostics data from the subscriber's iPhone or Android-powered mobile phone. OnStar hardware is currently only manufactured by LG Electronics as of 2011"

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for the responses!!!

I called GM again last night and I was able to clarify some terminolgy that I misunderstood.

Remote link is availble right now and on all models from 2011 to current.

MYlink or intelligent link: is with pandora , etc. This is availble on the spring 2012 models. which sounds to be a hardware device not a software situation. Thou it will only be avail for the 2lt and the LTZ trim levels.

So since its so close to the date Ill choose to wait till these new models are availble with this new technology. I am in no rush. The my link is pretty amazing technology when you start looking at it. How many vehicles do you know you can unlock while in another country... hahaha

Thanks again...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts