GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone use the Onstar Mylink app? My onstar trial recently expired and I tried my Onstar app to start my Nox. It worked oddly. My trial expired a few days ago. How long does it take to kick in that I no longer am subscribed to Onstar?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm loving the Onstar app! It's a good reason to keep the service going. I'm still on my trial, so I don't know how long it takes to deactivate the account.

I love being able to:

1. Start the car from bed in the morning. (It's Winter here 5-6 months out of the year)
2. Lock the car from anywhere if I forgot.
3. Start the car from inside of a store, if the FOB is out of range.
4. See how much fuel and KMs I have on the car at any time.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Yes i do have to agree with you there... It is a most wonderful app. I love it too!! Its so handy, especially in the stores like you say. [/color] :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
I use the OnStar App for iPhone a couple of times a week; its cool to check vehicle diagnostics, fuel consumption, oil life remaining, tire pressure, etc., in addition to locking, unlocking, starting the vehicle, and more. Would I keep OnStar just for access to this App? I don't know. I've had the vehicle almost 1-month and I've used Directions and Connections a total of ZERO times.

While the 'tech' aspect of the App is cool, I'm not certain there is enough information within the App, itself, for me to pay for OnStar (and therefor keep the App functioning) past the six-month free trial period.

Maybe I will, perhaps I will not, I just dunno. :p

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yeah... I'm looking at the Onstar website and it looks like the app might be part of the Directions and Connections package... which I won't be renewing. I would renew on the basic package... so I'll have to talk to him.

·
Registered
22 Posts
mIX, where in BC do you live? The lower mainland only had snow on 2 or 3 days this year, granted we did have some cool spells (below 0 C)

·
Registered
52 Posts
I live in Fort St John, just starting to get positive temps and sunshine this week! lol

·
Registered
18 Posts
Def not worth it especially if you dont have the remote start feature. Who forgets to lock their doors? All the info on the app is in your vehicle so get in and look!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Re: Onstar App

Onstar app still works on my phone to start my car and I'm not paying onstar anything...nor do they have my credit card! :)

·
Registered
10,529 Posts
Re: Re: Onstar App

barn07 said:
Onstar app still works on my phone to start my car and I'm not paying onstar anything...nor do they have my credit card! :)

Shhhh - don't let Onstar find out ! Or is this normal. :cheers:

·
Registered
378 Posts
barn07 said:

Good to know, gonna try this tonight ;)

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
That's awesome :thumb: but i'm sure that they will catch on. just watch if they do they 'may' try to bill your for it. [/color]

·
Registered
52 Posts
MakeItTerRain said:
Def not worth it especially if you dont have the remote start feature. Who forgets to lock their doors? All the info on the app is in your vehicle so get in and look!
People with kids and/or stuff in their hands. :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Getting the Nox on Saturday... Looking forward to playing w/ the app. Not sure It'll be worth re-upping OnStar after the 6 months is up though.

·
Registered
378 Posts
madmack66 said:
Getting the Nox on Saturday... Looking forward to playing w/ the app. Not sure It'll be worth re-upping OnStar after the 6 months is up though.
Lot of us with expired OnStar subscription have discovered that the OnStar app continues to work - we just don't know for how long - mine only expired 2 weeks ago so maybe there is some kind of grace period in hopes that you may renew.

·
Registered
338 Posts
equinox2 said:
Lot of us with expired OnStar subscription
For those who didn't see my post in another thread. Onstar is giving 6 months out free to anyone who pushes the button and asks for it. Also will get entered into a car giveaway contest.

Edit: This post made me a full member?

·
Registered
20 Posts
After the 6 free months expires if I let the subscription expire, can I turn it back on at specific times for things like a road trip...?
The dealer sort of gave me the impression that I could turn it on month by month as needed.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts