GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

OnStar Antenna

23K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  RVHAM 
#1 ·
My OnStar status LED changes from GREEN (Normal) to RED (Problem). Then in a few days goes back to GREEN (Normal). Dealer check out could find no problem. OnStar test reports trouble code B2470, antenna issue. LED changed GREEN to RED again twice last week. Each time in a few days the status light goes back to GREEN (normal). Each time OnStar was contacted and ran a diagnostic they came up with the same trouble code. Heading to dealer for recheck in a few weeks. Have others seen this problem?

Discussion starter · #11 ·
Each time I noticed the OnStar trouble light RED, I contacted OnStar and the system worked. Voice communications was good and a full diagnostic test was performed with only the one code.

The Back Up Battery is a good idea and I was impressed that GM had this feature. BUT, when I went to the dealer, the dealer verified that the 2010 Terrain did not have an OnStar Back Up Battery.

Discussion starter · #14 ·
Help! Please direct me as were to look for the back up battery (BUB) around the spare tire.

To the left rear of the spare is a grey connector on the "Fuel System Module", but I do not see the back up battery.

Making an appointment this week to take to the dealer. I want to make sure I can point out the battery to the service manager, since he said the Terrain does not have a BUB.

Discussion starter · #16 ·
Only thing visable under the seat is the connector for the power seat and the rear HVAC duct work.

I do not have a fax. Could you scan and send a pdf to my forum message box or post a picture/pdf?

My OnStar status LED has cycled from GREEN to RED and back to GREEN several times over the past couple of weeks.

Taking Terrain in for OnStar problem check out on Thursday morning.

Discussion starter · #19 ·
The warranty repair of my OnStar problem has been completed. Repair replaced two coax cables from antenna to the communications control module. The status LED on the mirror has returned to GREEN.

GM confirmed they do not use an OnStar "back up battery" on the 2010-2012 Terrain/Equinox.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.