GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So everyone I have a 2010 Equinox LT V6 issues over and over

I would set it for 68 degrees and it would sky rocket to max then I would attempt to adjust it and it would do a complete 180 back to low cold temps after a week of this issue I became EXTREMELY FRUSTRATED. So brought it in for service

transmission shifts were rough and would not shift (hold gears)
lock to lock on steering would “bang” sound horrendous
my heating control issues (as stated above)
sunroof leaks wind noise sounds as if it were open
Wipers chatter horribly

I receive a loaner vehicle (which I had a 2 week set back for) 2010 Chevrolet Cruze, not a bad looking vehicle just not my cup of tea. Anyway a day goes by and the dealer calls me in regards to my concerns.
transmission shifts were rough and would not shift (holding gears)
Problem resolved dealer reprogrammed computer (known issue)
lock to lock on steering would “bang” sound horrendous
dealers words “this is an engineering flaw there is no solution at this time GM is aware of this issue”
my heating control issues (as stated above)
“we replaced your AC unit”
sunroof leaks wind noise sounds as if it were open
“needed adjustment”
Wipers chatter horribly
dealers words “this is an engineering flaw there is no solution at this time GM is aware of this issue and has no fix” I went out and had to buy new wipers RAIN X FYI ARE AMAZING!

So I pick up my vehicle and notice everything is thrown about in the cabin...
My Ez-pass is missing from the top of the storage compartment
Glove box contents are ruffled and my manual and paper work torn, damaged and misplaced.
Dash trim chipped (from improper removal) and clips broken on passenger side trim.
and to top it off the AC controls are doing the SAME THING.

I return to the dealership and request the service manager, I show him the ruffled books asking where my Ez-pass went etc. He apologizes up and down and gives me the loaner vehicle back and says we will check out the AC controls again.
Service advisor calls me and says everything is fixed, So I go to pick up my vehicle yet AGAIN, I jump back into my vehicle to check it out, it is still doing the same thing. I walk back into service get the service manager and show him. He says “ we will need to order the Radio head unit and it is back-ordered” , lovely now I have to schedule another service with them and possibly wait 2 weeks for a loaner car.

I contact the 800 # listed in my ruffled manual (what a joke this was) I am greeted by a customer service representative located in the Philippines who can barely speak English. I explain my situation at hand and state my issue. I ask “sir what can you do for me I would like this issue resolved” representative “I probably will help you what would you like us me to do for you” thats just the beginning of the conversation. I am going to mail you this letter along with the recorded conversation I have with your team in the Philippines.

CURRENT STATUS

I get into my drivers seat on Saturday and i lean back and hear a "BANG" the lumbar support on the back of the seat had just popped! WTF?!

So again I have to bring it in for service. On another note I had the engineer for GM call me (whos located in Argentina) he was extremely rude and arrogant I found GMs number in Detroit finally so now I will try to contact them...anyone else have any issues similar?

PLEASE ADVISE. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Ok, first of all I'm having a seious case of deja-vu...have you posted this before, or maybe on another forum? ???

Anyway, the transmission shift points are a known issue with the V6 and it seems you got that taken care of ad the new a/c unit behaving the same way is very strange...do you have the auto climate control unit? As far as the chattering wipers go..I don't know what to tell you. Both myself and my wife have remarked that the wipers on my Nox are the quietest and smoothest operating we've ever experienced..but the blades have become slightly more sqeaky with age. The lumbar support thing is also a known issue with a screw/bolt that works itself loose over time. Mine popped a while back, but was replaced by the dealer in about 30 miuntes and has worked fine ever since..

As for the steering issue, I don't really know what the problem is...but I'm glad I have the electronic unit on the 4cyl. The other issues you have seem to be dealer service department related...all dealerships are not created equal, and unfortunately GM won't be much help in that matter except to log your complaint if you call them.

·
Registered
978 Posts
NoobNox said:
Ok, first of all I'm having a seious case of deja-vu...have you posted this before, or maybe on another forum? ???
Me too...and the answer is yes...

http://www.equinoxforum.net/index.php?topic=2352.msg28903#msg28903

I don't understand why someone would start another thread which is practically a copy/paste of the original one instead of continuing the "story" in the original thread.

It took me about 15 seconds to find the original...I think the OP could have done it in less.... ::) ::)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Steering issue is a bang lock to lock

Auto climate control yes...and its a constant issue jumping back and fourth.

I created a new thread..because this is a new issue but, not important... seems like everyone is happy as a pig in *** here and has no issues with their NOXs am i wrong ?

And the wipers were doing it since it was new...loud chatter skipping across my windshield i guess you were a lucky one in the group because GM in the Philippians told me "ITS A KNOWN ISSUE AND WE CANT FIX IT !" the utter convo i had with them was absolutely absurd..i guess no one on here ever called the 800#?

POOR Quality of craftsmanship on this vehicle im not impressed to say the least.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Actually the wipers on our 2010 are the best and quietest I've had. Also the electric steering is one of the nicest feeling too! ???

Maybe your dealer needed some good parts and switched scrap ones onto yours! ;)

·
Registered
193 Posts
SSEquinox said:
well this threads gone to $hit
Maybe you should check the 8 other threads you started on this topic if you aren't happy with how this one is going.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Just a side note on the wiper issue.....There is threads regarding this issue...actually quite a few I think.

Unfortunately it seems to be an engineering flaw as many people experience the "chatter" noise. As do I and there can be alot of rain or a little bit and I'll still get the awful chatter sound. I have heard premium wipers stop this sound but I also think that its hard to find replacement blades for our vehicles as I've already tried to find with no success. Some others recommend lubing up the spring on the arms and this helps fix the problem.

If you more info on how to repair the problem just look through the forum you'll find threads on it. GM won't do eff all about this issue so you'll have to fix it yourself haha. I know cause I've asked about it too.

And some more advice....try not to make multiple threads on the same topic. It gets some people agitated haha. If anything just post a new comment on your existing thread and people will read it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Just a side note on the wiper issue.....There is threads regarding this issue...actually quite a few I think.

Unfortunately it seems to be an engineering flaw as many people experience the "chatter" noise. As do I and there can be alot of rain or a little bit and I'll still get the awful chatter sound. I have heard premium wipers stop this sound but I also think that its hard to find replacement blades for our vehicles as I've already tried to find with no success. Some others recommend lubing up the spring on the arms and this helps fix the problem.

RAIN X are working well and quiet just had to purchase them i find it silly i had to buy them a month into owning my nox but 40 bucks is 40 bucks and its fixed

If you more info on how to repair the problem just look through the forum you'll find threads on it. GM won't do eff all about this issue so you'll have to fix it yourself haha. I know cause I've asked about it too.
What kind of issues have you had im trying to talk to GM Cust Service but i need a translator NO KIDDING THEY DONT SPEAK ENGLISH ABSURD [email protected]

And some more advice....try not to make multiple threads on the same topic. It gets some people agitated haha. If anything just post a new comment on your existing thread and people will read it.
NOTED

·
Registered
18 Posts
This is a comment on the customer service. I was having ongoing problems with radio issues and the leaking fuel pump that is fairly common.
I am not sure if it is a GM thing, but my dealer emails me a survey on the service. If there is anything under 75% satisfied, I get a call from the dealer. The last time this happened, I got a call from GM custome service in Ontario, spoke perfect english, and gave me her direct contact line. As for dealing with them not helping, I have to 100% disagree. The next day I got a call from my dealer, who was given the once over by this customer service rep, and brought my Nox in for a full radio replacement, no questions asked. Not one problem since then.
I would try to contact a "local" service rep, explain the situation calmly, get a direct contact number, and chances are you are going to get very good service from the dealer on the next visit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts