GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have forgotten my password for onstar. I have tried all the 4 number combos that I would have used, so maybe onstar provides the password for each account. So to that end, I have contacted via e-mail to request my password and after several tries I have recieved no response. Has anyone else had this same problem and what did you do to resolve. thanks

·
Registered
177 Posts
Try calling them at 1-888-466-7827 and explain the situation. Have your account number handy.

Good luck.

·
Registered
481 Posts
nuclear1986 said:
Try calling them at 1-888-466-7827 and explain the situation. Have your account number handy.

Good luck.
I agree. A few days ago I tried to log on to OnStar and for whatever reason it said my password had changed. I called them and they reset it over the phone in just a couple of minutes.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I had the same problem. For some reasons some browsers don't save your country selection. Go to the lower left-hand side of the login page and under change country/location verify that the selection is correct.

My user name and pass wont work if it defaults to US I always need to change it to Canada cause that's where I live.

Thanks to Onstar support for giving me the answer, hope it works for you.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
First off, let me say I'm such an idiot. It was not the password I can't remember its the 4 number PIN. I need to activate the app on my Iphone. Does anyone remember getting one when they first signed on? I will try calling Onstar to see about getting the PIn.

Thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
481 Posts
metgolf said:
First off, let me say I'm such an idiot. It was not the password I can't remember its the 4 number PIN. I need to activate the app on my Iphone. Does anyone remember getting one when they first signed on? I will try calling Onstar to see about getting the PIn.

Thanks for all the help.
Yes. My 4 digit PIN # was provided by OnStar when we took delivery. I wrote in the owners manual for reference.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Followup. I called OnStar and explained the situation and they wanted all my info, etc. They said they couldn't give me the PIN over the phone or by email, but they would reset it. so I am now good to go. was very easy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts