GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1) I get this message still (pic below) even after changing Theromostat and even running without it, and also replacing coolant temp sensor. If I start and run for until it reaches operating temp, then shut off for 3 mins, I dont get message. But if it sits for 3hrs or more, and I drive off it comes on within 15 miles, and even reaching operating temp
To reset, I just on hook Neg Battery Cable for 10 seconds and message is gone.

2) Now my A/C is not blowing cold. Drove it one day, next morning not blowing cold. Compressor kicks on, but fans do not
I know fans will blow, because when message (pic below) comes on both fans are blowing. Heater will blow Hot Air

Could it be the COOLING FAN SENSOR or A/C Relay? or both?

Car does not over heat, and have driven in 100+ degrees on city streets and highway, but nothing more than 25 miles in distance, since A/C stopped blowing cold

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
catastrophic. You have a scan gauge to see what the coolant ramp sensor is reading when this happens? Typically the computer will do what you're saying when it cant tell what temparature your car is running.

·
Registered
166 Posts
That looks like what is supposed to happen if the coolant temp gets too high. What do you see on the coolant temp gauge?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When the light comes on, Gauge is at 2nd line, and when I disconnect and reconnect it is at same place
The gauge never goes past the 3rd line

That looks like what is supposed to happen if the coolant temp gets too high. What do you see on the coolant temp gauge?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
is that what the coolant temp sensor is for? I have replaced it. Or what sensor would it be?

catastrophic. You have a scan gauge to see what the coolant ramp sensor is reading when this happens? Typically the computer will do what you're saying when it cant tell what temparature your car is running.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes, but it could be faulty. Wires could be bad, ect. If you have a scan gauge (I use a blutooth device to connect to my phone) you ca. see real time exactly what the computer is seeing.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, I have no scanner
Thanks for insight

Yes, but it could be faulty. Wires could be bad, ect. If you have a scan gauge (I use a blutooth device to connect to my phone) you ca. see real time exactly what the computer is seeing.

·
Registered
187 Posts
You local parts store might rent them, or at least let you use it in the parking lot. Advance and Auto zone near me have in the past.

I agree, check to see if it is a real issue or a wire/sensor issue. If it is a real issue, then that's bad. If it is a sensor/wire, then replacing/fixing should help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts