GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just returned from the dealer to have the rear speaker cover replaced since a hardware store put a hole in it. Well guess what? You have to replace that whole rear panel from the rear seat to the cargo hatch. $592 plus labor. Sure hope the store will pay for it. They said they would, but I don't think they envisioned it costing that much. That's crazy not making the speaker grill a separate piece.
On the oil plug. I asked the service writer where the drain plug for the 6 cyl. was. He didn't know so he asked a mechanic as he walked by where the plug was. The mechanic said "I don't know, I havent changed the oil on a Terrain yet."
The parts guy showed me on the engine blow up diagram where the plug is.
I did find out the plug also has a magnet built in the tip.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Its a drain plug. Climb under and find it. Heck, I can change the oil in our Terrain without even raising it up.

Insane about the grill though.

·
Registered
315 Posts
GARYD said:
I just returned from the dealer to have the rear speaker cover replaced since a hardware store put a hole in it. Well guess what? You have to replace that whole rear panel from the rear seat to the cargo hatch. $592 plus labor. Sure hope the store will pay for it. They said they would, but I don't think they envisioned it costing that much. That's crazy not making the speaker grill a separate piece.
On the oil plug. I asked the service writer where the drain plug for the 6 cyl. was. He didn't know so he asked a mechanic as he walked by where the plug was. The mechanic said "I don't know, I havent changed the oil on a Terrain yet."
The parts guy showed me on the engine blow up diagram where the plug is.
I did find out the plug also has a magnet built in the tip.
Its easy...Get under and look for the oil pan. The oil plug is on the rear of the motor oil pan, passenger side.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's also on the side of the pan not the bottom. I just wanted to make sure I didn't open the wrong plug because I noticed 2 plugs on my quick look see. I'm sure once I got under the car I would know which plug was which. My Harley has 2 plugs and my other car has 3.
It neven hurts to ask when you're not 100% sure.

·
Registered
446 Posts
GM's been putting magnets in the oil plugs for a while. Makes it a ton easier to get it out of an oil pan if you drop it ;D (me? no I'd never... Ok, well once... or twice...)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts