GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone been through one of these?

What's the usual procedure, started mine and they said to come back every week for the next 5 weeks. Considering I probably drive barely 200 miles a week it seems a bit dumb. Especially as my oil burns slower when I just get an oil change done (unsure why).

So after this 5 weeks do they just keep the car if it fails the test or do they make me drive more before fixing the car.

Also realised I'm still able to check oil level, I thought they were meant to seal everything up.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Year, make, model, mileage, previous repairs??

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’m currently going through it as well 2013 2.4L, 78 k , No previous repairs either just general maintenance. They have been checking my oil every 1000 miles, first time it needed 2.5 qts, 2nd time 1.5 qts and waiting on next 1000 miles. also curious what next steps are if found to “ consume oil”..?( I’ve been checking the oil as well, didn’t seem low last time I brought it in, but they are the “ experts”)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’m currently going through it as well 2013 2.4L, 78 k , No previous repairs either just general maintenance. They have been checking my oil every 1000 miles, first time it needed 2.5 qts, 2nd time 1.5 qts and waiting on next 1000 miles. also curious what next steps are if found to “ consume oil”..?( I’ve been checking the oil as well, didn’t seem low last time I brought it in, but they are the “ experts”)
Are we talking an actual 2.5 quarts in a 1,000 or 2.5 notches on dipstick?
Because holy moly mine burns maybe 1 quart every 1.5k miles.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had one done earlier this year on a 2013 Terrain under the lawsuit. First visit they changed the oil and must have sealed the bolt or something because the car smelled badly of sealant afterwards. I was told to come in every 1,000 miles up to 3,000. At each visit they just checked the dipstick real quick and sent me on my way. At the 2,000 mark they stopped the test and ordered the repairs because there was enough consumption.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had one done earlier this year on a 2013 Terrain under the lawsuit. First visit they changed the oil and must have sealed the bolt or something because the car smelled badly of sealant afterwards. I was told to come in every 1,000 miles up to 3,000. At each visit they just checked the dipstick real quick and sent me on my way. At the 2,000 mark they stopped the test and ordered the repairs because there was enough consumption.
Did they supply you with a loaner while repairs were being done?, how long does it take? Curious how you were treated by the dealer?.... Are they apologetic or more, egh these things happen......

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did they supply you with a loaner while repairs were being done?, how long does it take? Curious how you were treated by the dealer?.... Are they apologetic or more, egh these things happen......
They did supply me with a loaner
They did supply with a loaner. It only took a couple of days. I was treated normal I guess. They didn’t have much to say. Not positive or negative. Just kinda took my keys and gave me the keys to the loaner. Same on pickup. I’ve been there about 4 times now for different repairs and they’re always the same, so probably just the disposition of the people more than anything. All business.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yea had it done... Kind of a joke
Make sure your oil level goes down to get the rebuild maybe take some out haha
yes had rebuild done at 65k and going to go at it again at 125k miles car has burned oil since the last rebuild
My advice is to keep the car UNDER the mileage threshold or Chevy will not do anything its like over 120 thousand miles

·
Registered
166 Posts
I had mine done two years ago at 80,000. They had me bring it back every 500 miles to check the oil level. The threshold was 1.25qts burned at or before 2,000 miles then they would do the warranty work. I was offered a loaner but didn't need it. It took them two days to get the job finished. My Terrain has not burned an oil since.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts