·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What oil are you using?

·
Registered
246 Posts
I changed mine at 1500 miles and put conventional 5W-30 Mobil in it. Within a week I will take a cold and warm oil sample for analysis to see how viscosity holds up and to see if there is reduced or increased fuel in the oil. If fuel dilution remains I will up the viscosity and see what happens, if the fuel in oil decreases I will try synthetic again to compare, then conventional again. If conventional Mobil shows the same pattern of Iron wear as Mobil1 then I will switch to conventionl Valvoline or Penzoil.

·
Registered
10,413 Posts
2011LT2 said:
I changed mine at 1500 miles and put conventional 5W-30 Mobil in it. Within a week I will take a cold and warm oil sample for analysis to see how viscosity holds up and to see if there is reduced or increased fuel in the oil. If fuel dilution remains I will up the viscosity and see what happens, if the fuel in oil decreases I will try synthetic again to compare, then conventional again. If conventional Mobil shows the same pattern of Iron wear as Mobil1 then I will switch to conventionl Valvoline or Penzoil.
Wow - please report back your findings.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Using a syn blend. Whichever one is the speacial at Advance Atuo Parts. Have 3 change packages left. 1 Castrol and the other 2 valvoline syn. The filters are Pureones and I have a case of the Delco filters I've been using on my other Eco tech engine vehilces. Have some 10 quarts of Citgo syn blend I can use in the future too.

Got some great gas mileage. Mostly highway with AC on. This time kept the speed max at 62 (Rode on the right in the 65 mph zone) and 58 mph in 55 zone (Used cruise control most of the trip). Had the wife, 2 small kids and some gear, Got 29.09 MPG. Best I've done so far.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I'm running 5w-30 Valvoline NEXTGEN HM in my Nox...I was using Ultra the first oil change, but couldnt push it to the numbers I wanted similar to the Cobalt, so was going back to PP but figured I would try something different.

I think the Work Nox is getting Kendal....Its whatever the firestone store puts in, I would use somewhere else but I work for Bridgestone, and the Firestone stores are corporate owned.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Ran Dino oil in the 2.4L for the first 10,000 kms and then switched to Mobile 1.

Now we're running Dexos in it since the fuel pump has been replaced. At 28,000 kms now.

I guess we'll see.

Filters have been GM ones.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts