GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taking the nox in for its free dealer oil change today. going to put synthetic oil in.Have 5000 kms on it and no issues yet.

·
Registered
441 Posts
dealer oil change wont be synthetic....

·
Registered
977 Posts
My dealer will do it for $89.99 (syn. oil change). You can get an organic oil change with tire rotation for $39.99 and get back another $10 on a visa gift card. I do my own changes anyways to make sure they are done properly.

·
Registered
321 Posts
RNOX said:
My dealer will do it for $89.99 (syn. oil change). You can get an organic oil change with tire rotation for $39.99 and get back another $10 on a visa gift card. I do my own changes anyways to make sure they are done properly.
What kind of oil do you prefer?

·
Registered
441 Posts
firestone?!?! might as well go to walmart....

·
0 Posts
gar187er said:
firestone?!?! might as well go to walmart....
Or you could stick to untrained people at places like Jiffy Lube...Which is known in my area for not performing services, to include not changing your oil filter/air filter or fluids on some services. I work for Bridgestone as an area technical rep, I trust our corporate stores because I have seen the audits they must pass annually. I perform audits on dealers involved with BBTS (another division of Bridgestone), and most of those are independents. Our independents perform the worst in these audits, our corporate stores are held to much higher standards, because they represent the company and along with my audit, must pass the companys OCR (same audit our all our manufacturing/service locations must pass)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got the oil change done and a free wash and vacuum.The oil change was free and they put synthetic in at no charge.Pretty good deal I thought.

·
Registered
4 Posts
when do you recommend the first oil change? DIC says 76% oil life and im at about 2400 miles. i was thinking 50% or 5000, which ever came first....???
any suggestions?

also, my dealer never mentioned a free first oil change or any free anything :( did i miss something?

·
Registered
441 Posts
do not wait till 5000 miles for your first oil change.....

every dealer is different....not all give out free oil change coupons...

·
Registered
321 Posts
Use a 15mm wrench to remove the oil drain plug (if you're not using an extractor) as per my local dealership. Furthermore, they offered to do the labor if I wanted to supply the oil and filter. Even if I watch them perform the work, I still have reservations about letting all of the oil drip out before replacing the drain plug, and the correct torque of 18 ft.-lbs. But for $10 in labor it seem irresistible.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I ususally change my own oil in my cars. Although the dealer wants a fortune for Mobil 1.($89.99) I took the oil in, they supplied the filter and I paid the bill. I also was having the coolant flushed. I'm still looking at the Nox as my next DD car, but I'll wait for some financial incentive before I plop dowm $25K. I'm running an HHR and at my last oil change I had 11,000 miles on it and the DIC read 33%.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Old Lar said:
I ususally change my own oil in my cars. Although the dealer wants a fortune for Mobil 1.($89.99) I took the oil in, they supplied the filter and I paid the bill. I also was having the coolant flushed. I'm still looking at the Nox as my next DD car, but I'll wait for some financial incentive before I plop dowm $25K.
Yes our dealership also charges $89.99 for an oil change with Mobile 1, but right now I'm using the $750 maintenance card so they're free. When that's done I'll do them myself.

Only $25K for a new Nox? Here the base price of an LS is $26K so by the time you drive it home the minimum you could of paid is over $29K. :eek: Our 1LT with a few options was close to $34K when all was said and done. :(

·
Registered
176 Posts
2010Nox said:
Yes our dealership also charges $89.99 for an oil change with Mobile 1, but right now I'm using the $750 maintenance card so they're free. When that's done I'll do them myself.

Only $25K for a new Nox? Here the base price of an LS is $26K so by the time you drive it home the minimum you could of paid is over $29K. :eek: Our 1LT with a few options was close to $34K when all was said and done. :(
You must be from Canada as in the states the LS has a MSP of about $22K plus shipping and sales tax. With just a couple of options an LT1 runs $24.9K plus.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Old Lar said:
You must be from Canada as in the states the LS has a MSP of about $22K plus shipping and sales tax. With just a couple of options an LT1 runs $24.9K plus.
Bingo! The land of the overtaxed and endless handouts, often to the least deserving! :mad:

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
anyone hear anything about GM putting a new type oil in their 2011 vehicles?
DEXOS1 or something like that. GF-5
Must use same rated oil or void warranty???

1 - 19 of 19 Posts