GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 GMC Terrain SLT V6 3.0L. We did a tune up on it yesterday and noticed a lot of oil blow by in the air intake hose, filter, throttle body and in 2 of the spark plugs. Has anyone else had this problem or can someone guide me as to what would be causing this? My car does have the excessive oil consumption issue that everyone else seems to be having. It also went in to limp mode a couple weeks ago. We added a quart of oil and it was fine. Anyone else have these problems?

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Look into the PCV mod- where holes are drilled and made bigger.
It sounds like youir PCV is plugged up- causing the oil to pool in the tube.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
^^^ That, and look at adding a catch can. As the name implies, it's a can that goes inline with the PCV and catches the oil and moisture that comes out of the crank case.

·
Registered
247 Posts
So how did you access the rear spark plugs? The are not easy to access, correct?

I have a 2011 GMC Terrain SLT V6 3.0L. We did a tune up on it yesterday and noticed a lot of oil blow by in the air intake hose, filter, throttle body and in 2 of the spark plugs. Has anyone else had this problem or can someone guide me as to what would be causing this? My car does have the excessive oil consumption issue that everyone else seems to be having. It also went in to limp mode a couple weeks ago. We added a quart of oil and it was fine. Anyone else have these problems?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He had a rough time with the ones toward the back. He hasn't changed the one on the back left yet. Doing that this weekend when he takes the throttle body off to clean it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts