GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Default User said:
Had a buddy help me out - but I was only getting quotes for less than $200.

Keep in mind though - some running boards/nerf bars are harder to install than others, so depending on what you got, it may be a little more time consuming than others.

Mine specifically was a cheaper brand and didn't "bolt in" as expected. Had to do a little finessing with the hardware.

-------------------------------------------------
"Lemme get the Tuna on white - no crust"

Looking for an installation buddy now, lol.

I have the same ones that you have installed on your Terrain so I'm not sure why the one shop said they would have to drill. The description says it's a no drill kit.

·
Registered
23 Posts
2012 GMC Terrain SLT-1 I4 AWD

Attachments

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I hate when dealers have to "mark their Territory" with all the thing of the name on it. I have always had them remove them.. I dont advertis.. unless they wanna pay me.

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
I agree, no need for the dealer ads on your new vehicle. The license plate holders are bad enough. :thumbdown:

At least animefan0611's dealer doesn't have some god awful glued on plate, slapped on half way between the rear window and the bumper and a lot of times not put on straight. The one in the pics actually blends in fairly well with the great looking black Terrain.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Re:

Definitely a transformation. But you need a better picture for the after - somewhere off road! :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
My '13 SLT2
V6 AWD
Two-tone leather
Chrome package
Heated Seats
Tinted windows
Intelilink System (good when it works)
Sunroof
Back up cam

All of the good stuff.
Trying to figure out what I want to do with it next. I think maybe debadge it. I really like what on guy did on here putting the bigger tires and black rims. That looks good. I don't think I want to change the rims though. I'd like to keep a smooth ride. A tow hitch would be on the list for sure.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys and gals. Been lurking around the forum for a bit so decided to finally make an account. Picked up my practically brand-new 2013 Terrain SLT-1 AWD (Onyx black) back in June and have been loving every minute of it. Many upgrades that came with it such as the sunroof, leather seats, chrome rims, etc ... hoping to make some of my own upgrades to it very soon (HIDs, LEDs, etc. etc.). Just wanted to say hi.

Traded in a 2007 Ford Fusion for it ... and before that I had a 2003 Pontiac Aztek. Miss that Aztek ... must be at least half the reason I went with a Terrain. ;D

Dunesrunner08 said:
Wicked ride dude! Love it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Welcome Aztek985.
Did you get the 2.4 or the V-6??
Always good to get new members who are not afraid to turn a wrench.
Many happy Terrain and Equinox owners here, don't be afraid to ask for help or offer opinions and your experiences.

·
Registered
3 Posts
rednox301 said:
Welcome Aztek985.
Did you get the 2.4 or the V-6??
Always good to get new members who are not afraid to turn a wrench.
Many happy Terrain and Equinox owners here, don't be afraid to ask for help or offer opinions and your experiences.
Thanks! I have the 2.4 in mine. I would have preferred a V6 but can't say I regret getting what I have ... the mileage is amazing and it still has tons of power under that hood.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Picked her up on New Year's Eve. So new I still haven't named her yet.

Still gotta take her in and have the aftermarket driver and passenger window tinting and alarm put in.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Tinted driver and passenger to match the back, eyebrow on the windshield and lighting on the interior. Eventually I am going to vinyl wrap all the chrome with glossy black as well as the GMC emblems. Weather tech mats and rain guards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dunesrunner08 said:
What a difference now that it's not stock

Wow. Definitely one of the better transformations I've seen. I just bought a 2015 terrain black on black and can't wait to start transforming it.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts