GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Administrator
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please post your BLACK Equinox Pics here. Thanks!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Let me see... what comes to mind here... 8)

·
Registered
44 Posts
lutherm07 said:
Just got the Equinox cleaned up and got it's first coat of wax on. Cleaner than the day we got it!
SWEET!

I did the same thing. In fact I took mine straight from dealer new car detail to my garage and waxed it. Black shows EVERYTHING... every little bump or the lightest scratch so the extra protection coat really helps. Plus shiny black just looks awesome! 8) Wax it up at least once a year and try to only hand wash it and you should be golden.

Enjoy making all your neighbors jealous.

·
Registered
44 Posts
scomac said:
I added the chrome door handles about a week after purchase. It think it makes a nice difference.
Nice and crisp. I love the way the jet black Nox is just black & chrome. Very ominous. 8)

Are they covers or whole new handles... where did you buy them & how much?

·
Registered
315 Posts
topgun said:
Nice and crisp. I love the way the jet black Nox is just black & chrome. Very ominous. 8)

Are they covers or whole new handles... where did you buy them & how much?

You can get a nice set from GM

http://www.gmaccessorieszone.com/Chevrolet/2010/Equinox/Door%20Handles/?src=chevrolet&tx_gmshopb2b_pi1%5Btype%5D=gm

I'm sure you can find cheaper then this...but I wouldnt really recommend aftermarket but I'm sure you can find a set if you look around on ebay or something. I've thought of adding these to my black granite, but not sure atm..I do not like the chrome mirrror covers or the chrome bumper plate....I'm debating on the door handles though

·
Registered
6 Posts
I do certainly recomend that the dealer install the handles as the door panels have to come off and I was concerned with rattles after the changeover. If it rattles then the dealer will have to deal with it...... Not troubles as of yet. Might go with the mirror covers also. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
315 Posts
scomac said:
I do certainly recomend that the dealer install the handles as the door panels have to come off and I was concerned with rattles after the changeover. If it rattles then the dealer will have to deal with it...... Not troubles as of yet. Might go with the mirror covers also. Any thoughts?
Too much chrome imho

I like just the door handles and the window trim personally.....Too much chrome is what turned me off the "chrome package"...hard to find one without as well :(

·
Registered
38 Posts
scomac said:
Mine came with the chrome door handles and mirror covers, and i love them both! Some people are of the persuasion that a black equinox should be just that...black. However i wanted black and chrome, and the more chrome the better. 8)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Oops! I just saw this thread - I better go wash the Nox so it will be photo worthy. I'm on the side of lots of chrome, BTW. My favorite is the chrome panel below the rear bumper. When you're parked next to a crossover without it, the diff is awesome.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Here are some quick pics of mine. It was bright out so the pictures didn't turn out to great. In the second picture you can see just how great the paint is. ;D I am planning on adding the chrome door handles and tinting the front two windows to match the rear and hatch.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Here are some pics of my new Nox along with my Monte Carlo and Triumph Motorcycle. Colour co-ordinated.....

Really like the Nox. Extremely quiet and comfortable. Plan on getting a covered trailer to carry the bike south in the winter (Guess what colour it will be?). A little disappointed with the performance of the V6 accelerating from a dead stop but that might be because I'm so used to the LS4 in the SS.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Gregger said:
Here are some pics of my new Nox along with my Monte Carlo and Triumph Motorcycle. Colour co-ordinated.....

Really like the Nox. Extremely quiet and comfortable. Plan on getting a covered trailer to carry the bike south in the winter (Guess what colour it will be?). A little disappointed with the performance of the V6 accelerating from a dead stop but that might be because I'm so used to the LS4 in the SS.
Actually thats the 2.77 gearing...but it is a rev happy motor, once @ 3k like to go. Dyno charts show it pulls al the way to 7k

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Black granite really is the best color for the Nox..but I've owned a black car before and it bugged the crap out of me how fast it got dirty/dusty looking. I went for the lower maintenance Silver Ice..

1 - 20 of 31 Posts