GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Would love to get some lift on my 2021 equinox with 20 inch rims. Will look into these springs.
I talked to them. The rears are still made but they stopped making the fronts.

I'm on a quest to find them. I'll let you guys know if i turn up anything.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Crossovers are not made for rough off road driving.
The Equinox does not have enough ground clearance.
Welcome to the site.
7.9 inches on the 2018+ AWD models may not be the best in class but it’s certainly adequate for light off roading. That’s a whole inch more than a Nissan Pathfinder and almost 2 inches more than a RAV-4(2016-2018). I’ve seen people take those off road just fine. The approach angles are a little sketchy, I scraped my rear bumper on a tree log I was trying to clamber over, but apart from that I’ve not run into any issues. I’m yet to take it over anything rocky. I’ve done pretty rutted dirt trails, dry riverbeds, crosses a few streams and made it up some embankments just fine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
No kit, I just had a local suspension shop replace the factory springs with slightly bigger ones on the front and rear which gave it roughly a 20mm lift,
The brand of springs I used was King Springs.
If you don’t mind me asking, how much did that cost? I’d like to up the ground clearance of mine, and possibly throw in a bottom skid plate to protect the differential, it looks like the lowest point on the car quite likely to hit a rock or something.

·
Registered
28 Posts
No kit, I just had a local suspension shop replace the factory springs with slightly bigger ones on the front and rear which gave it roughly a 20mm lift,
Hey Gibbsy, You mind telling us a model number on those springs? Also what size tires did you upgrade to?

·
Registered
28 Posts
So the 2018 Terrain has 7.9 inches of ground clearance.. the 2018 Equinox is 6.9. (Both with the awd and 18” wheels) Anyone know the difference? Springs? Suspension design?

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
7.9 inches on the 2018+ AWD models may not be the best in class but it’s certainly adequate for light off roading.
To the people who lightly go off the pavement on occasion, more power to you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
So the 2018 Terrain has 7.9 inches of ground clearance.. the 2018 Equinox is 6.9. (Both with the awd and 18” wheels) Anyone know the difference? Springs? Suspension design?
Not true. The 2018+ Equinox's have 7.9 inches of ground clearance and the Terrains have 7.2 inches of ground clearance

·
Registered
2020 Equinox LTZ-V, 2.0T, AWD, Sun of a gun Grey, 245/55 R19
5 Posts
Gday Gibsy,

May I enquire as to the cost of the lift and where you had it done? I'm also in Perth.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I can't say anything about off roading but our 19' Denali with the 2.0 and blizzak tires is as good or better than my silverado in the snow except for ground clearance. If it had better ground clearance I'd trust it off road... within limits

21 - 31 of 31 Posts