GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a little mishap occur as my **** garage door came down when my rear door was raised up on my 2012 nox. Lesson learned: don't buy a keyring garage door opener! I had my keys in my pocket and accidently triggered the garage door opener somehow. My chrome strip on my rear door was scratched and also some paint. I went to two autobody shops and they both gave me an estimate for around $600 for repairs. I was wondering what oem GM part sites online do you suggest that I order my parts for repairs? I plan on not turning my mishap into my insurance company because I don't want my rates to increase. Any suggestions on where to get oem GM parts online would be greatly appreciated, thanks!!

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Depends which Country you reside in...
If your South of the 49th then GMPartsDirect.com or FastGMParts.com[/color]

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
Yea first thing to remember GM does not have an official parts website. So the part websites u see that sell factory GM parts are actually dealerships. I found this out by talking to a old school parts guy at the local chevy dealership. He has been doing that job for over 30years and knows some part numbers by memory lol.

So basically since gmpartsdirect.com is a dealer they are gonna try and get their money back somewhere since the part they advertise low to lure u in. They make it back in shipping charges. Which is insane, i have seen some parts like bumpers marked up to $150 more in shipping than other sites, madness! On google i have read bad reviews about this site and nightmare orders. But some people get lucky i gusse and like to use them.

Fastgmparts.com has decent prices as well and oemparts.com have ok Shipping. There might be others out there as well that people use on the forum.

I would just first find out thr part number and retail full gm price then thats something to go off of.

Also look on ebay by typing in part numbers sometimes shows parts instantly. Or even craigslist u never know u might get lucky.
Also I always recommend to try and see if your local dealer will match the price on fastgmparts.com or other sites, and see if they can match online price plus shipping, worth a shot worse they can say is no. Example Say part is $50 full retail price, But online its $25 plus $9 shipping. So I just ask the dealer if they can get me the part for around $34 or more or less, since another dealer is offering that. If they cant match it then i just ask whats the lowest they can go on the part. Never know might even have the part in stock and want to move inventory. Some dealers are super strict snd wont budge on parts. I always just reserch around and feel better doing so since you always feel good when u get a good deal lol.
Hope that helps

·
Registered
52 Posts
I was very happy with FastGMparts.com, Bought my Foglight Bezels from. :thumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts