GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 Pontiac Torrent that I bought used with only one key fob. The fob won’t work anymore to unlock the car UNLESS the door is open. I also found that if I try the lift gate latch handle (door handles won’t affect it), it will work after doing that. It’s almost like the fob only works when the car is “woke up” first. The car starts and runs fine. After getting out, the key fob works to lock as I walk away.

I replaced the battery, no difference.

I bought replacement fobs and programmed them, and now they exhibit the same behavior.

I find it odd that the fob works when the door is opened, and when I’m leaving.

any ideas? Some electrical component issues? The power locks work just fine with the in-car controls.

thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
In the case anyone else has issue with their Key Fobs on a 2007 Torrent:
A month or two of searching and trying things, I stumbled across this article on a non-published TSB. https://www.g6performance.com/forum/forum/technical-info-troubleshooting/troubleshooting/18345-

The quick fix, pull or replace fuse 15 in the passenger compartment fuse block. Fuse 15 is for Climate Control and Remote control door lock.

As an IT guy, I appreciate when solutions to car problems are "did you turn it off and back on again?"

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In the case anyone else has issue with their Key Fobs on a 2007 Torrent:
A month or two of searching and trying things, I stumbled across this article on a non-published TSB. TPMS and keyless remotes won't work? (Fixed Jul 03) - G6Performance.com

The quick fix, pull or replace fuse 15 in the passenger compartment fuse block. Fuse 15 is for Climate Control and Remote control door lock.

As an IT guy, I appreciate when solutions to car problems are "did you turn it off and back on again?"
About a year later and it has the same issue again. Anyone have a clue why this might re-occur?

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
It sounds like typical computer chip fail like in other areas.
Or maybe a poor ground connection. On older vehicles, ground wire connections tend to fail because of corrosion from moisture and hot/cold cycles in ambient temperature.

Those can be difficult to find since there are a LOF of ground point for wire harnesses both under the hood, chassis and even under the dash and under floor carpeting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts