GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2014 GMC terrain WITH the 2.4 flex fuel model... Started getting a check engine light found out it was the intake and exhaust sensors.. Replaced them and it went away.. Got another check engine light telling me its the o2 sensor.. Got it out and what do you think. ? Having the right tools made this so much easier !!
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Vehicle Gas

Hand Gesture Thumb Finger Nail

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
what is that thing on the new sensor?
cover for the threads with the silver stuff? (im used to seeing a cap)

but 1st time I see a sensor go out like that

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
I actually have seen that before only on these motors. Is the new one acdelco brand?
If you match up the six sided hex on the old and new one, the new one is slightly shorter overall.
Good if you are working in a tight spot.
Hope the OP changed both, AC/Delco is the right choice.

Reactions: bigb12359

·
Registered
2011 GMC TERRAIN SLT-2 3.0L V6 (LF1)
99 Posts
Yes, good idea to stick with gm genuine on those.
Interesting though, I've never seen an 02 sensor desinergrated like that before.
Did the tip melt somehow or was it destroyed from removal? How many miles on it?

·
Registered
2010 chevy equinox 2.4
950 Posts
I think it's from carbon on one of the exhaust valves causing them not to seat properly. Or it's the heat sound and vibration in the manifold. Maybe some unburned fuel got in there? It's very common though.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Sensor's worn out. They get like that. It's a replacement / maintenance item and should be changed when plugs are changed. Use only OEM parts for long life and no issues.
MPG should improve also.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts