GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

What was the first upgrade you got for your NOX?

• Total voters
41 - 60 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
river and sand said:
Update
Fog lights - installed - still not hooked up, have all the parts just need need time to complete.
Fog lights are now operational, installed harness, just need to finish interior install. Not happy with micro switch that came with the kit, went to Napa and bought a small rocker switch w/LED now have to find a place to intall it so it will look like it should be there.

·
Registered
652 Posts
river and sand said:
Fog lights are now operational, installed harness, just need to finish interior install. Not happy with micro switch that came with the kit, went to Napa and bought a small rocker switch w/LED now have to find a place to intall it so it will look like it should be there.
Let's see how the final install went.... can you provide photos of the fog lights, and the final interior switch? Curious to see what the switch solution looks like inside the cab. Congrats....

·
Registered
352 Posts
Haven't had time to complete it, fog lights are in and work but the switch is still on my work bench. The fogs are stock GM/Nox nothing fancy like LED or HID. Will get some pics up when I get it all done.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I've bought chrome handle covers for my nox. I put it up on the handle to see what it looks like and looks awesome from a far but if you get up on it you can easily tell they are the covers. Mine is white so you can easily see the white lip around where the handles don't cover all the way. Maybe it will look diff with the strip off and it placed on.

Does, anyone have pics of their cover and actual chrome handles so I can compare? I'm not putting them on yet, I want to want to see pics because I may return them.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Finally finished the fogs install, installed switch below the steering collum. Wanted to install it above the dimmer knob but, the panel has molded in bracing on the backside.

Fog off

Fogs on

The switch has an amber led lit when fogs are on.
The fogs are only on when the ignition is on. If the switch is left on the fogs will come back on when the car is started.

Also a shot of the Shark fin antenna

·
Registered
9,971 Posts
Nice job - I like fact that they stay on when ignition is hot - better than the factory.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Since purchasing my 2012 Equinox, I've added the following items...

- Color matching body side moldings (really like the look and functionality)
- Interior LED dome lights (like the extra bright and light color)
- Stainless Steel rear hatch trim along bottom edge of hatch (removed)
- "Stubby" antenna
- Carpeted cargo mat

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have the shark fin antenna installed and it looks/works pretty good. They matched the paint very well.

I have the footwell lights and fog light bezels and lights to install. However it is winter here so they will wait until spring. The fog lights won't be hooked up. I think they just look better than the stock plastic filler pieces.

·
Registered
9,971 Posts
river and sand said:
I am not sure why GM didn't put Fog lights on all of the models, it looks alot nicer than those covers.
Really ? It is called saving money, and trying to get people to upgrade to more costlier models. :confused:

·
Registered
272 Posts
RIT333 said:
Really ? It is called saving money, and trying to get people to upgrade to more costlier models. :confused:
Otherwise, we'd all be driving fully loaded, LTZ's (SLT2). ;D

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 2013 Equinox 1LT (bought Mar. 14) Atlantis Blue, black interior, remote start, 8 way power drivers seat, roof rack cross rails, 4 cyl.

First mod, narrow chrome license plate brackets, OEM mud flaps and K & N Air filter. I'd like to add window deflectors, stainless mesh grill overlay and stainless steel exhaust tip.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Re: Terrain UPGRADES

First upgrade: Ziebart rust and sound deadening/undercoating, $350.00. Second Upgrade: Painted the rear Beer Keg Black, paint $3.00 + $10.00 labor.
:cheers:

Next upgrade: none Go traveling instead.

·
Registered
652 Posts
river and sand said:
Finally finished the fogs install, installed switch below the steering collum. Wanted to install it above the dimmer knob but, the panel has molded in bracing on the backside.

Fog off

Fogs on

The switch has an amber led lit when fogs are on.
The fogs are only on when the ignition is on. If the switch is left on the fogs will come back on when the car is started.

Also a shot of the Shark fin antenna
Fogs look great... nice job. I personally would have oriented the 'switch' horizontal in the space you have rather than vertical... I think it would 'fit' better and be more ergonomic.... but that's a minor quibble.

Were you not able to order 'fog lights' as an OEM option? How did the price compare for doing it after the fact?

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
Toddsta said:
Were you not able to order 'fog lights' as an OEM option? How did the price compare for doing it after the fact?
Unfortunately 1LT owners cannot order fogs as a factory option. You have to have a 2lt version, so the upgrade you have to pay retail $1,870 more for a 2Lt for fogs & options that come with it.
Us 1LT owners are forced to install the fogs ourselves. Which is fine if you just want a the fog upgrade anyway can be less than $200 and even cheaper if someone just wants the look of the bezels lol

·
Registered
460 Posts
First thing I did was limo tint the fish bowl. Then I ordered the chrome grill overlays. Also ordered the vinyl bowtie overlays around the same time I got the chrome grill overlays. At this point, that may be it. I don't know that I want to put any more money into her.

41 - 60 of 88 Posts