GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although I have my new Terrain, I was curious about what #'s of Nox/Terrain were actually on dealer lots these days. Checked Cars.com and was amazed how many more out there than 1-3 months ago. When I started looking..and buying..I was lucky to even see one. Now all the local dealers seem to have several Terrains and LOTS of Nox's around in all trim levels. Is this just FLA or are the rest of you finally seeing supply start to catch demand?

·
Registered
446 Posts
I'm thinking that the normal Christmas shut down of GM plants (all car makers shut down for a few weeks at the end of the year) is what bit GM in the butt on stock. Usually Christmas is the worst time of the year for car sales.

I too see a LOT more 'Noxes at the dealer where we bought ours (the only one they had in stock) Last week I drove past and saw the front line of cars was filled with over a dozen 'Noxes waiting for owners.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I suppose the good news for those looking is that they may actually find what they want without having to order. I never had to order a vehicle before and always managed to find a new car pretty much set up the way I wanted...or at least the dealer could find one. I guess I'm the instant gratification kind of guy..I want it when I see it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thank you, Islander, for opening my eyes to the Cars.com website. I have been searching for a 1LT Equinox in Cyber Gray w/ Vehicle Interface & Back-up Camera and could not find one in the Tr-state area that did not have the chrome package (which I did not like the look of).

I was all set to put in a factory order and wait 8-10 weeks (or more) when I saw your post and started exploring Cars.com. Wouldn't you know I found the exact car I was looking for (except that it also had the 8 speaker pioneer system, which I didn't want, but for only $300 more, I don't mind taking it) in stock in Rhode Island and, with the GMC Credit Union pricing, I only paid $400 over invoice!! I'm taking the train up to Rhode Island tomorrow to pick it up!! I can't wait for the 3 hour drive home in my new Equinox!!!

Thanks Islander & thanks Equinox Forum !!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My pleasure xplrr!! I'm glad to see ya got virtually what ya wanted. When I started to look, there was nothing to choose from...almost all of us had to order. It was a LONG 10-12 week wait for us "early adapters." Enjoy that drive home....you will not believe just how good these cars really are. CONGRATS.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks SnowItch. One thing I wasn't too clear on: is the stereo upgraded, or just the speakers?? If it's the stereo too, then it should be worht the price!!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
xplrr--Everything is upgraded. I think they even drop in the subwoofer (and lots of extra watts) with the upgrade. It is quite a system and you'll be pleased...on that long drive home.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts