GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh boy. My Nox got injured. :sosad:

I didn't leave work on this particular night until 11:45PM. We had really heavy fog - heavier than I had ever seen. Seriously, you could not see a traffic light until you were about 30 feet or less from it. It was terrible. Anyway, of course, this is the time that there was a large cement object in the road and I did not see it until it was too late for me to avoid it. It almost looked like a piece of cement curb had come loose from the side of the road.

Anyway, I did swerve at the last second, but my tire still hit it. It sounded horrible! I did not stop since it was so dark, late, and dangerous out there.

When I got home, I checked and the tire wasn't going flat or anything. Nothing under the car seemed damaged. But my hubcap suffered. It is really scraped bad! Anyone know of a place I can get one replacement hubcap for a decent price? I am usually not so OCD about stuff like that. But I have had the car for 3 months. I want it to still look brand-spankin-new.

I was so irritated! And I still am! Grrrrr! Drove out there the next morning to see if it was still in the road. Looked like there were several pieces of cement scattered- most were off to the side of the road though. Almost looked like someone had "leaked" part of a load of landscape pavers or something. Either that or the big piece had been busted up into many smaller pieces.

Makes me sick![/color] :sosad:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,054 Posts
Sorry to hear about that :( Stupid fog!

Do you have a pic of the damage or a pic of the hub cap? (didn't know Nox or terrains had hub caps as an option. Or did it scratch the rim?

We will help you out on finding one:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used "hubcap" as a generic term. Not sure what it is. But it scraped it pretty bad. I will get a pic today and post. I just came in from washing the Nox and am so sad. :-[ Wish that hadn't happened.

Will post pic soon!

Thanks![/color]
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,054 Posts
Lol np
Yea i don't believe.the 2010 and up Equinox's came with hubcaps :)

Here is a pic of a few rims that did
Any of these look like yours? I will also see once u upload the picture.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,153 Posts
No hubcaps on the Nox, did you scratch the chrome plated cap that's bonded to the alloy wheel? If so then I would just call around to wrecking yards to see if they have any Noxes to part out with the same wheels as yours....or order a new one from the dealership.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,828 Posts
prissyrabbit said:
I used "hubcap" as a generic term. Not sure what it is. But it scraped it pretty bad. I will get a pic today and post. I just came in from washing the Nox and am so sad. :-[ Wish that hadn't happened.

Will post pic soon!

Thanks![/color]
I feel for ya! :'( I don't like it when my 'shoes' get scuffed either! ;)[/color]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here are some pics. It is hard to show the damage very well........

Darn, my pics are too big. I have to go to work, but tomorrow I will figure out how to decrease image size and then post then.

I got a Mac recently and am still learning how to maneuver. Sorry. I am sure it isn't hard. But I don't have time right now to figure it out.

Thanks for the responses thus far![/color]
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,054 Posts
Make it a bit easier for you if your having trouble loading pics.
Are your rims
#1


#2


Or chrome #3



:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
bowtieman said:
Make it a bit easier for you if your having trouble loading pics.
Are your rims
#1




Number 1. [/color]


:)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,054 Posts
Agree repairing it would prob be alot cheaper depending on the damage you have. If its just scuffed they may be able to sand down all the clear coat off the rim and paint if needed and re-clear it. I think our rims have some gray or silver paint on them but i may be wrong. Once again depends on the damage, if they want to charge big bucks to fix it, i would prob just get a new rim since
online for a new rim your looking about $200 off of ebay for each rim. You may find one cheaper on craigslist in your area. But usually they might be able to fix it for decent price. We will see the damage once you are able to load a picture.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,271 Posts
bowtieman said:
Agree repairing it would prob be alot cheaper depending on the damage you have. If its just scuffed they may be able to sand down all the clear coat off the rim and paint if needed and re-clear it. I think our rims have some gray or silver paint on them but i may be wrong. Once again depends on the damage, if they want to charge big bucks to fix it, i would prob just get a new rim since
online for a new rim your looking about $200 off of ebay for each rim. You may find one cheaper on craigslist in your area. But usually they might be able to fix it for decent price. We will see the damage once you are able to load a picture.
Check out this guys work
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Yodog-wheel-auto-featuring-Alloy-Wheel-Repair/191869714191709
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here we go. Some pics of the "owiee". I included the last one to show what the rim looks like. You can't see the damage much unless you know it is there. To me, it screams. But I know that is because I am picky about my new car!
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,525 Posts
That should be a very easy fix for a wheel repair place. That is not bad at all - easy for me to say !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
RIT333 said:
That should be a very easy fix for a wheel repair place. That is not bad at all - easy for me to say !
I hope you are right! Cuz $200 for a new rim is just not in the budget right now!

As you can see, the chunk of cement I hit had some red or burgundy paint in it. Still makes me mad!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,054 Posts
Yea thats not to bad thought it would be worse. Wet sanding the problem area would prob get the paint and scuffs out.
You can go around your area and see if there is any wheel repair shops that have been doing it for a while. You don't just wanna go to anyone. Ask them to show you before and after pictures of repairs they have done, any good shop takes pride in their work and takes pictures.

This is a similar process your wheel will go through on getting fixed if your curious to know http://www.autopia-carcare.com/realwhda.html
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
bowtieman said:
Yea thats not to bad thought it would be worse. Wet sanding the problem area would prob get the paint and scuffs out.
You can go around your area and see if there is any wheel repair shops that have been doing it for a while. You don't just wanna go to anyone. Ask them to show you before and after pictures of repairs they have done, any good shop takes pride in their work and takes pictures.

This is a similar process your wheel will go through on getting fixed if your curious to know http://www.autopia-carcare.com/realwhda.html
Thanks for the link. That doesn't look too difficult. I will have to start looking around for places. I'll keep an eye out while I am job hunting as well.

At least the rim isn't dented really. Just badly scraped/scuffed.

Thanks again.
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top