GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:mad: :'(
Yes just filled up tonight as the price just hit $1.20per liter.

I had pump SHOCK when the pump rolled over $100.00 to $102.00 to fill up!!

Lucky the mileage is at 14-16 per 100km :'( We now have over 5500km on the Terrain AWD.

OUCH

·
Registered
207 Posts
Put in 12.8 gallons in and it cost me $35.18
Got 23.3 mpg but that was a LOT of city driving and dealing with the mall tonight.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I average around $54 to $58 a fill up from empty.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Aren't there nearly 4 liters in a U.S. gallon? Something like 3.7 liters if my memory serves..

Also, doesn't England use MPH (miles per hour) and road distances in miles and yards...and a mixture of metrics/imperial for everything else? That would be super confusing for me..

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
You better hang on to your hats if you're sticker shocked now!
Rumours have OPEC aiming for $150 USD/barrel in the next year or two.
:eek:
Control freaks or what?
It's the "N[/color]ew W[/color]ay O[/color]f" thinking.
N.W.O., get used to it.

Both Bush's mentioned it, Obama mentioned it, Harper mentioned it at the last G20 Summit in British Columbia.
Apparently some "globalists" want to control the world's people and resources with this "N.W.O." philosophy.

Bolivia was the only country with enough brains to vote down the last "Global Warming Summit" in Cancun because it was, as they stated "a blank cheque for Industrialized Countries".
Of course, it passed anyway so get ready for more "Carbon Taxes", a.k.a. more B.S. to dip into our pockets for our hard earned $$$.
We're all toast!

Happy Holidays!

[EDIT] well what a coincidence, that's my "911" post #.

Oh happy day!

G

·
gearhead said:
You better hang on to your hats if you're sticker shocked now!
Rumours have OPEC aiming for $150 USD/barrel in the next year or two.
Wah, that's funny...when oil went down to...like...$23/barrel a year and a half ago during the meltdown I thought all those Arabs where blabbing about the fair price for a barrel of oil being around the $60 mark....you know, to suppport their economies and stuff.

Another thing that don't make sense is that Canada, the Alberta oils sands in particular has the worlds largest oil reserves...yes. even larger than Saudi Arabia...yet we've been paying about $4 per gallon equivalent for the past 4-5 years now.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Some northern states also have that type oil. From what I hear, it's way too expensive to extract. Maybe if gas prices hit $4/$5 a gallon, it will be profitable to get that oil.

I've been hearing about One World Government for many years. If it does ever happen it woun't be overnight, it will slooooowly creep in over years. Some say it has already started......European Union.........how does American Union sound?
We'll get you free thinking, free spirited Canadians under our control yet. bruhahahahahaha. ;D

G

·
Sand and shale oil is profitable. The cost of extrating oil in the middle east is about $2-$3 per barrel and then sold for $91 as it sits today. Extracting oil in the oil sands is approx $22/barrel and resold for $91 as it sits today.

Either way, there are 100's and even 1000's of percent profit here. But obviously oil company's want to refine the cheapest stuff first.

Personally I believe the US has more oil than they lead us to believe, but it makes sense...oil is power...so if we can afford it let's use up everyone else in the world's oil first and save ours for a rainy day....when all the rest is gone!

·
Registered
830 Posts
Change place where you fill up... Their pumps must be miscalibrated. We have a 79L tank X 1,20$/L = ~95$ when TOTALLY DRY empty !

RAW2u said:
:mad: :'(
Yes just filled up tonight as the price just hit $1.20per liter.

I had pump SHOCK when the pump rolled over $100.00 to $102.00 to fill up!!

Lucky the mileage is at 14-16 per 100km :'( We now have over 5500km on the Terrain AWD.

OUCH

·
Registered
830 Posts
Yes you are right, the i4 got a 71L tank i think... so 71L X 1.20$/L = ~85$ to fill up from dry empty.

mmarges said:
And he has the I4, don't they have an even smaller tank than the V6?

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I think if I had to pay those prices, I'd move to the US. LOL

·
Registered
830 Posts
Yes... i'm thinkin about that... we are robbed with a lot of things this side of the continent...

GARYD said:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I stand corrected ;)
My wife who filled up the Terrain,said the fuel was $1.30 per liter as we run premium.As well yes when we will up we do to the top every drop that can fit.We have done this always because in the lower mainland here in BC we can have prices drop 20 cents in one day then up 30 cents. You never know.Plus when we cross into Washington we fill up.We can save 25-29 dollars just fill up in the USA. Crossing the boarder if we did not have long line ups would make it worth it.

Then add in the price of CHEESE. ::) ::)

·
Registered
977 Posts
I try to buy gas in New Jersey which is about 30 to 40 cents cheaper than NY. I also have a credit card that gives me 5% back on any gas purchases that the card is used at the pump. Unless the owners manual says you need it you don't need premium. The amounts of vehicles driven in China is amazing and the growth will continue. With all the ups and downs of oil prices the trend will have to be upwards.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
RNOX, that's what I've been saying for years. If the manual says requires, then you do need to use premium, if it says recommends then you can use regular or premium.

Here is a statement from an automotive column from my local newspaper. Hyundai is targeting their new Equus to the BMW-7, Mercedes-S, and Lexus LS series cars. Their new 4.6 liter, 8 cyl. engine will give the owner 385 HP using premium gas or 378HP using regular gas which is up to the owner which gas he wants to use.
All my Vettes ran fine on regular, until I went to the track, in which case I put prenium in it.

Of course there are going to be exceptions to this.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
GARYD said:
RNOX, that's what I've been saying for years. If the manual says requires, then you do need to use premium, if it says recommends then you can use regular or premium.

Here is a statement from an automotive column from my local newspaper. Hyundai is targeting their new Equus to the BMW-7, Mercedes-S, and Lexus LS series cars. Their new 4.6 liter, 8 cyl. engine will give the owner 385 HP using premium gas or 378HP using regular gas which is up to the owner which gas he wants to use.
All my Vettes ran fine on regular, until I went to the track, in which case I put prenium in it.

Of course there are going to be exceptions to this.
I've had a mechanic (a certified Mercedes mechanic) tell me that high performance engines that "require" high octane gas won't be damaged by the lower octane stuff as long as there is no knocking involved and the gas itself is high quality. He drove an E-class as his daily driver and used mostly the lowest octane gas...with occasional fill-ups of mid-grade.

G

·
GARYD said:
Yeh, we pay way more in gas and other taxes. However; our governent spreads this back out into our nation for the greater good of everyone. Our roads and infrastructure (on average) blows the US right out of the water.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I use regular almost 95% of the time, right around the time I do my oil changes Ill run it to around 1/4 of a tank and fill it with premium then back to regular again. If I am at a station I do not normally goto I will fill with mid-grade. Why? beats me just something I like to do. 52k miles no issues (besides that fuel pressure error I get every now and again that turned out to be an airflow issue with a dirtier then expected filter).

Im sure the performance may be down slightly but I don't bring it to the racetrack. I can still pass people with ease.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts