GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer just emailed me and told me my terrain has been built and is about ready to ship

email from dealer

Thanks again for you patiences. The car has been built and shows to be shipped. We are hoping to see the car before the end of the month. I am sorry for the delay and look forward to the arrival of your new 2010 Terrain. Once again I am extremely sorry for the delay. I will call you as soon as the Terrain arrives.
Thank You,

Checked the camero tracking site and it shows yet again another tpw of 4/26

Notes: 04/26/2010
Last Update(s)
April 23, 2010 - Current
April 23, 2010 - (3100) Order available to sequence
April 22, 2010 - (3100) Order available to sequence
April 21, 2010 - (3100) Order available to sequence
April 20, 2010 - (3100) Order available to sequence
April 15, 2010 - (3100) Order available to sequence
April 7, 2010 - (3100) Order available to sequence
March 31, 2010 - (3100) Order available to sequence
March 18, 2010 - (3000) Order accepted by production control
March 10, 2010 - (3000) Order accepted by production control
March 3, 2010 - (3000) Order accepted by production control
February 25, 2010 - (1100) Preliminary order accepted
February 18, 2010 - (1100) Preliminary order accepted
February 11, 2010 - (1100) Preliminary order accepted
-------------------------

hmm so for the most part my dealer is starting to tick me off now,
I owe bballard an apology.
Sorry dude you were right. :)

anyways,
any thoughts or suggestions?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'd ask where he is getting his information from, and go from there. He would have nothing to gain at this point by lying to you. Wouldn't he lose all credibility if he is? Keep in mind, he could have made a mistake (for example, looked at the wrong order #).

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
If you are talking to me, its all good. We've all got to learn sometime.

As for the TPW, Camarotracking goes directly through GM Workbench to get the updates. Id trust software more than I would a salesmen.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had a build week of 4/12, on saturday I got a VIN #, just ask them for a VIN # for your order, camarotracking didn't update until Satuday and give me a vin, they are only as good as GM updating. Give your dealership a call, I was told by my dealership that GM always doesn't update the workbench. Give your dealer the benefit of doubt, just ask for a VIN, if they can give you a VIN, then your car was built.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cool I emailed my dealer back asking for the vin number so I can start getting insurance and other items together.
I will see how he responds

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So anyways the dealer responded how I expected he said gm hasnt given him the vin number yet and its not avail until It ships. I know this isnt excatly true from reading the forums ...
Think a call to gm help desk is going out tommorow

·
Registered
52 Posts
NHOJWOLFE said:
So anyways the dealer responded how I expected he said gm hasnt given him the vin number yet and its not avail until It ships. I know this isnt excatly true from reading the forums ...
GM Help Desk doesnt know anything about anything. I called them one day and they told me my car was done. I called back later to get a VIN and the operator told me she had no idea where the other person got that information. They only the current status. They can't contact the plant or anyone else with information.

If anyone has a phone # that would allow me to reach someone compitant, I would love that.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
NHOJWOLFE said:
Flat out lie. As SOON as its produced the workbench is updated with its VIN. 3800= VIN. If its built it has a VIN. Not Built, no VIN.

Now, your dealer wont get the invoice until it ships.

·
Registered
698 Posts
In my situation once the vehicle showed 4B00 Bayed they had no idea of its status until it arrived at their lot. Give some leeway to your dealers, folks, there is a point where they are in the dark just as much as you are...

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Im still showing 3100
and the tpw is monday of this week now,
the third time it has been changed
I wonder what is going on in the factory probly missing a 2 dollar bolt...

·
Registered
37 Posts
NHOJWOLFE said:
Im still showing 3100
and the tpw is monday of this week now,
the third time it has been changed
I wonder what is going on in the factory probly missing a 2 dollar bolt...
NHOJWOLFE

Have you reached out to camarotracking.com on the forums. I did, and they confirmed what my salesman told me that my Equinox was built even though my status still says 3300. Although, since it is almost Wednesday and they update on Wednesday, you may see that it was built already.

Good luck.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I took your advice they told me it was not built yet but it was scheduled this week,
Camero tracking just jumped to 3300 today not bad after 3 tpw's. I am going to wait for this car as I am 2-3 weeks away but I am taking the dealer to lyiung to me to the bargining table.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Do it!

Dont talk to your salesmen but the sales MANAGER. If you talk to your guy he will just blow you off. Also, Id print off the timeline from camarotracker and then emails back and forth between your sales guy.

·
Registered
9 Posts
carguy332000 said:
I wish Camarotracking would work in Canada!!!
You can avoid that problem by simply checking off the USA box and you will receive information. It worked for me!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
still sitting at 3300 :( with camero tracking already updated on friday.
so a week after i got the email from my dealer and the car hasnt been built.

Notes: 04/19/2010
Last Update(s)
April 30, 2010 - Current
April 30, 2010 - (3300) Order scheduled for production
April 29, 2010 - (3300) Order scheduled for production
April 28, 2010 - (3300) Order scheduled for production
April 23, 2010 - (3100) Order available to sequence
April 22, 2010 - (3100) Order available to sequence
April 21, 2010 - (3100) Order available to sequence

·
Registered
52 Posts
NHOJWOLFE said:
I am going to wait for this car as I am 2-3 weeks away but I am taking the dealer to lyiung to me to the bargining table.
I also plan to do this. I was told 4-6 weeks and it will be 10 by the time I get the car. I've already started to plant the negotiating seeds via email, and I am very surprised to here that he is actually arguing with me.. insisting his communication with the factory is superb and did not misinform me whatsoever (even though I have since learned the plant has very little to do with TPW). He offered to throw in a pin stripe, and when I told him that was ridiculous, this was the response I got. He really could not care less if I buy the car or not - he is confident he will just sell it to someone else.

As I stated to you when we met, If for any reason you are not happy, you are not required to take this vehicle. I believe I have been very accommodating with you, from the price of the vehicle to your trade in quote. I can not help production issues. There has been a huge demand for Terrain, and production is being pushed back a couple of weeks.

If you aren’t happy with the extras we are able to offer you, We will refund your deposit.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It finally got built and is shipping,
It was built a week after my dealer told it me it was built,

It is on the way.. Just a week or two left,

Dutch where did you find the last quote?

·
Registered
75 Posts
My build date slipped 2 weeks, and the the shipping took 2 weeks, so my car took 10 weeks, instead of the 6 weeks they quoted me, but I still love the car!

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Dutch, your dealer is right.....he can sell it immediately if you don't want it. That's the problem with this situation......more demand then supply.......it stinks, but that's the way it is. Luckily there was a demo at the 4th dealer we went to and it had everything we wanted and then some. Dealer took $2200 off and gave me double the worth of my trade in. We jumped at it and even got him to throw in mud guards and a free oil change.

It only had 2K miles on it.
I never buy the first year model of anything, but I just had to have a Terrain.....NOW![/color] ;D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts