GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if you can get a normal run of the mill keys for the Terrain...... i want to get a 2way remote start and dont want to have 2 bulky things on my keychain.....
any insight would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
441 Posts
might want to change your wording....your asking about the keyfob....its nothing but an rf transmitter......they are a dime a dozen......nothing special.....

keys are a different story....

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
gar187er said:
might want to change your wording....your asking about the keyfob....its nothing but an rf transmitter......they are a dime a dozen......nothing special.....

keys are a different story....
The Terrain keys are different then you '05 Equinox.

The transmitter and key are all one unit.

I don't think a "valet" key exists.

·
Registered
432 Posts
i haven't come across a valet key yet for the Terrain. I think we are stuck with the enormous fobs lol. When i saw the size of them that was one of the reasons i went with the integrated starter, i didnt want to mess around with 2 key fobs in the pocket.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I agree; the large key fob is just one of the many nuisance factors of this car - I hate the key fob - way to bulky for carrying in your pants pocket. I asked my dealer if I could get a normal key made and he pretty much laughed at me. I guess we just need to get used to carrying around the remote.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Whats the big deal? Honestly. If you did get a valet key then you would need a seperate key fob attached to it, so it would be just as large if not larger... why do you care so much?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts