GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

941 - 944 of 944 Posts

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
Toddsta said:
I don't get this: The I4 engine has been in service since late 2009/early 2010 in this vehicle..... and now it's essentially 2013 - and they are JUST now addressing this problem that people have been experiencing for 3 years?!

The more I read this thread, the more I wonder about canceling the order of my new NOX.
I don't think that many people with '10s have had problems with their 4 cyl. engines. It was mainly a '11 problem, and I thought it was from a supplier with defective parts. I thought it was under control - although it took a while.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have had an 2011 Nox with I4 and a 2011 Terrain with I4 and only the Terrain had the start up rattle, the Nox did it once and never again in 20K miles, it was just traded in on a 2013 Nox w/I4 and awd. The Terrain was done under the recall @ 6600 miles and now with over 31K on it has not done it again. The new Nox runs great and no noises of any kind. Maybe I have been lucky but I repurchased this same engine configuration because of my success with both of my 2011 models. Thanks. :thumb:

·
Registered
652 Posts
RIT333 said:
I don't think that many people with '10s have had problems with their 4 cyl. engines. It was mainly a '11 problem, and I thought it was from a supplier with defective parts. I thought it was under control - although it took a while.
That would be great if they have taken care of this problem for good..... competition being what it is this days, especially with the struggles in sales GM is facing; it makes good sense to be pro-active when a major issue like this surfaces. Good luck with your 2013. 20k miles is a new vehicle. Hopefully it continues to be trouble-free over the long haul with whomever the subsequent owner is.

·
Registered
31 Posts
my 2011 had same problem the gas mileage is awful then it started stalling all the time almost causing many accidents they have replaced many parts under warranty it has less then 12000 miles on it and many major problems i have owned many chevy cars and would like to trade this one in but would loose a large amount of money will GM do any kind of incentive to help my family trade this Equinox in we no longer trust it after the many major engine problems with This Equinox. I would appreciate if gm would contact me

941 - 944 of 944 Posts